ForumsArt, Music, and WritingInternet Blogging Book Critic

7 2441
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

OMG! The book, To kill a Mockingbird, is the best book ever!!! It is sooo good I mean I would totally recommend that you read it because it basically talks about real life. There is this girl named Scout and sheâs a tomboy, and really smart. Her friendâs name is Dill and her dadâs name is Atticus. Atticus is a really really good dad for scout because he knows her potential, he knows who she is and wants her to live to the best of her abilities. When Scoutâs first teacher prohibits her from reading, her dad secretly keeps reading to her! Aunt Alexandra treats her like she is horrible and needs to act like a girl, but Atticus respects the way she wants to be. This is a great book. Iâm not done reading it yet but you seriously gots to read it! It changed the way I think!!

• 7 Replies
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

add your own if You like!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As the rules of this section says, this is not a place of reviews, unless, of course, if you have written the books yourself.
I think I should read it some day.

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

So where are we supposed to put book reviews then? I think that this is a fine place to put them. If a mod comes by they can lock it if they feel that is nessisary.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Popular media, as it is non-original work. But well, have been a problem before, this will either be moved or locked, as it might be a dublicate as well.

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

OK but if you don't join in the purpose of this topic DON'T COMMENT!

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

No comments so far have been spammy, except for the tiny add-on you made, so... Don't caps at us.

And please don't copy/paste from Word next time...

I'm not sure I understand what the book is about from what you've said... What is it you like so much about it?
I am interested~

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

*roars at everybody*

Everybody quiet yet?

Good.

Because the last thing I want to see is people arguing about forum etiquette and spamming in the process. I know you can all do better than that.

Heck, I don't want to see anybody posting "wrong forum" in future unless it's a thread duplicate and they provide the link, is that clear?

Now, because this is a controversial topic:

For the time being, book reviews ought to be placed in the Popular Media section, pending further discussion or reorganisation of the forums. Not that this is actually on the cards right now, as there are frankly not that many book reviews being written.

Showing 1-7 of 7