ForumsSupport ForumMy spam stoping idea

22 3768
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, so how about for every post you make, there is a little link on your about that says "veiw all made comments." Here, a mod can click on it and see were you have posted. It would help rackdown ghost accounts, and would prove to them were spmers are getting there points from and get them banned quiker so they stop messing up the site. What do you think?

• 22 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Good idea, but what about like us our already made posts will they be on there?

Oh and it seems hard to code, but I love the idea!

Especially when people post on ghost profiles or go around asking "Whats up" to random people.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well I suppose it would not track old comments but still, it would be effectife in the furure.

And it wouldn't be to hard, they allready have the view all comments thing right?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

No, we have no view comments source..

Only visable to mods? Or all?

And uh, we should have a 50 or somewhat post limit on there.

Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

Well it wouldnt stop them messing up the site, dont get me wrong i like this idea but there are a few con's about it.

First off: having a page(s) with all the comments and/or forum posts on them for every member of AG will clutter up the servers even more then the useal stress they get with the regular spam.

Secondly: it wouldnt really stop them if account 1 gets deleted/banned they just will start another account.

Spam it is annoying but really they dont make a profit of spam other then some 100x100 pixels....

Still i like this idea however i think it needs a lot of fine-tuning to make it work properly its really a rough diamond.

Sep

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Under your comment box theone99, there is a blue link at the very bottom of the page that says view all comments, and all can click it on every ones profile. i would like it it to be open to users as well. That way users can spot spamers and show them to mods.

And no, they will make an account maybe. But if they got alot of AP they may not want to come back.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Well this is a wonderful idea except for one problem there would be two problems.
1. There are two much to profiles to check.
2. The mods will have to go threw a lot of comments becouse some people have over 4k comments.

Ok now my solutions to this.

1. Hire a lot more mod. which i don't know if it is a good idea.
2.after everytime they check the comments there will be a delet all the comments. so the page will go blank (leaving the comments on the profiles or games.)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Wouldn't it, like, take up a lot of space, possibly lagging the site as well, having stored so much information, and getting bigger than that? And when would mods have the time to cycle through all the comments? Besides that, it ain't such a bad idea.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ah, why i said that users could look at them as well. If a users suspected a spammer, we could go look, and then show a mod.

1. Hire a lot more mod. which i don't know if it is a good idea.
2.after everytime they check the comments there will be a delet all the comments. so the page will go blank (leaving the comments on the profiles or games.)

We won't get more mods untill they feel we need them. And there not hired, they dont get payed anything. And if they deleted the comments......some people would have none there while others would have like a millon.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Secondly: it wouldnt really stop them if account 1 gets deleted/banned they just will start another account.

you could always IP ban someone (if AG knows how to do it)

i doubt many people get on proxies to go on AG
KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

that is a great idea i think u should ask some Mods for help on this idea.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

you could always IP ban someone (if AG knows how to do it)

i actually suggested that once. They said like some people have sibilings on here so that would be bad, like if one of them got banned and the other didint, the other couldn't get on. And they said that you an get around them some how.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

One question, though.
If mods look at all the comments, how will they know if some comments are spam or not? Some are easy to discover, and others are disguised.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

We won't get more mods untill they feel we need them. And there not hired, they dont get payed anything.

sorry about that i don't know another word for it.
And if they deleted the comments......some people would have none there while others would have like a millon.

What is this sepposed to mean.
Wouldn't it, like, take up a lot of space, possibly lagging the site as well.

Good point but i don't think that it will slow down the website. And if it does i think it is worth it.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I look on many peoples' accounts and I see "hey what's up" comments all the time, even if those people aren't their friends. Then I see people posting "Hey, check this out"; they give out links like youtube or something, but that could all be Rick Rolling. Those kinds are obvious, but some are sort of complex. They could always check on the opposite account to see if that user actually had a conversation with that user, and if not then that person was spamming.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

someone could be spamming but it would sound like they're commenting on a friends profile when it's actually a game

could try adding where they posted it?

overall too laggy (look at what the last active thing did! )

Showing 1-15 of 22