ForumsSupport Forumthe mechquest advertising

18 5258
muji8u
muji8u
21 posts
Nomad

i think we shouldn't have that advertisement. its kinda annoying and slowing down my computer at the same time and i can't play. i have a pretty fast computer and that advertisement isn't letting me play that good and my computer also freezes like just when i am in the good part of the game. what do u guys think??

• 18 Replies
muji8u
muji8u
21 posts
Nomad

well i only want the mech quest advertising out, the others i don't care, and i do know that the quy who owns this site has to pay, but can't he take out 1 advertising?

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Armor Games goes out of its' way to pay our flash devolepors as much as we can, and we're currently the best "Flash Sponsor" around. Howerever, all of that stuff costs money, and a lot of it. Other than the new addition of the store, the small ads are the only thing that's helping generate revenue for the site. Eventually, if enough users start frequenting the store, we may be able to cut down on some ads (especially pop-ups), but until then we're kind of stuck.

If you have any more questions regarding ads, it may be a good idea to {url=http://armorgames.com/contact]contact Dan[/url]. He'll be able to give you a more in-depth understanding of the site.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, that wouldn't be fair to cater towards one member. Not that your issue isn't relevant, but Tydus did explain that is how the site makes money.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Yeah, too bad there's no post editing. I hate broken URL codes.

muji8u
muji8u
21 posts
Nomad

well what if i get a bunch of people to agree with me, how about then??

muji8u
muji8u
21 posts
Nomad

firefox. and what if i found another website to advertise instead of that?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

That isn't the point. The point is it is how the site makes money.

Can I ask what browser you are using?

muji8u
muji8u
21 posts
Nomad

the mechquest one.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Where is this advertisement, again?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Is it on the homepage? In a game? help me out here.

muji8u
muji8u
21 posts
Nomad

when i go to play a game, its there, its mostly below the game but sometimes above the game.

muji8u
muji8u
21 posts
Nomad

what do u mean defrag? others i have.

muji8u
muji8u
21 posts
Nomad

i even right clicked on the advertisement and put it on low quality.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Okay, I see now. As said, Dan can't just dismiss the ads. So, let's work on fixing it for your computer. Have you tried making your computer run faster by cleaning out the temp files, recycling bin, etc? Also, defrag.

Another option is to tweak your firefox settings and downloading some add-ons.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Defrag will take a long time, so it needs to be done when you want to leave the computer for a while.

I'm really not the best person to explain all of this, I think dank or nqkoi1 is the best. I would post on their profiles for help.

Showing 1-15 of 18