ForumsForum GamesWorld of Chaos RETURNS!

201 25119
Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

The World of Chaos RETURNS!. This RPG takes place in the (fantasy) land of Kargnifath. The year is E2-7 (the 7th year of the 2nd Era) and civilizations are being constructed in the continent of Dysharg. You will take your part and help form (or destroy) the planet.

Basically there are two main factions: The Var'gul and the Ruuam.

THE RUUAM]]/b]

The Ruuam are a band of humans who believed they would prosper more by being allied. The Ruuam control most of the cities in the centeral DYsharg area.

[b]THE VAR'GUL

The Var'gul are are a brutish, barbaric warrior tribe of humans who believe that goals are accomplished by violence. They are constantly on the move and at war with the Ruuam.

OTHERS

It is a big world out there, and not everyone is in a faction. The outsiders may be hostile or not. Sometimes they might even help you.

ITEMS

Items play a big part in the game. There are several types of items: Equipment, Weapons, Miscellaneous, and Materials. The main currency is Gold Pieces, or gp. Some Items require certain stats, such as 10 strength or level 5, to use.

STATS

You get to choose your own stats. Stats are purchased with Free Points, which are earned when you level up. Each level you earn grants you 2 stat points.

THE MARKET

The market allows you to buy almost anything. Choose one of the many stalls, such as the armor, weapon, tome, or food stalls and ask for what they have. You should almost always find what you are looking for and much more.

BUYING

To buy an item, first head to the market. Then ask me what you want to buy, and I can tell you the merchant's price and will tell you information about the item. Here is an example:

PERSON: I'd like to buy a level 4 sword.
ME: OK...

Mithril Longsword
Req. Lv. 4
5-7 Dmg
Average Speed
80% Hit chance
10% crit chance
Cost: 90 gp

Another example of something else is this:

PERSON: Can I have a look at a magic ring? Preferably wizard stats.
Me: k

Mage's Band
Req. Lv 6
+3 Int
+5 HP
+5 MP
Cost: 100 gp

You will also come across Items in your travels and battles. Sell these in a market to other vendors for a fixed price or offer them in trade to another player.

PLAYER-TO-PLAYER TRADE

When two players are in the same town, they can trade items to eachother. Both players must accept the trade. I must acknowledge the trade before anything is changed (who has what, ect).

STARTING

When you start the game, you have to choose a class, your stats, and your weapon. Also you must choose if you want to be a part of the Ruuam, the Var'gul, or neither. NOTE: if you choose to be an outsider, just find one of the faction's cities or camps and you can join them. If you choose one faction then want to join another, you will probably have to prove your alliegance to them with a quest. Changing sides multiple times will get everyone to hate you.

OK when you start, you will want to set your ideas in. Fill in a form that looks somewhat like this:

Name: Annihalation
Class: Warrior
Alliegance: Ruuam
Personality/Description: Dark hair and blue eyes. Angers easily, and tends to break things when angry. Has warrior pride and hinor behind his eyes. Has seen much for his young age.

Background: His father, who was a mighty paladin and Marshal of the Hand of Justice, died while fighting valiantly in a Var'gul raid on Gloithuun Castle when Annihalation was only 12. Ever since he has been training to become a great Warrior, while seeking revenge on the Var'gul who slew his father. He hopes that one day he can wield his father's mighty sword, known as Light's Vengeance.

Stats (remember, you only get 10 freepoints to start with)
Strength: 5 (strength increases physical damage and health)
Dexterity: 3 (Dexterity increases your chance to dodge an attack)
Intellect: 2 (Intellect increases your magic power)

Exclude the words in parenthesis. This is what my character's stats are going to be like.

So start playin and enjoy your adventures in Karnigath.

• 201 Replies
Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the glitch on the very top. just caught that. ok so... heres my guy:

Name: Annihalation
Personality/Description: Dark hair and blue eyes. Angers easily, and tends to break things when angry. Has warrior pride and hinor behind his eyes. Has seen much for his young age.

Background: His father, who was a mighty paladin and Marshal of the Hand of Justice, died while fighting valiantly in a Var'gul raid on Gloithuun Castle when Annihalation was only 12. Ever since he has been training to become a great Warrior, while seeking revenge on the Var'gul who slew his father. He hopes that one day he can wield his father's mighty sword, known as Light's Vengeance.

Stats
Str: 5
Dex: 3
Int: 2

0hall0
0hall0
75 posts
Nomad

Name: Ragno
Personality/Description: Brown Hair and Brown Eyes. Ragno is an easy going guy who always plays by the rules.

Backround: Ragno has always wondered if his parents are still alive. They were both Champion's of the light, fighting for justice. One battle there were just too many Var'gul. Ragno's father told him to run and hide in the nearest cave. There he hid for days waiting for something to happen. The Ruuam were searching for survivors after the battle, there they found Ragno in the cave. He is now searching for answers about the battle and what might have happened to his parents.

Stats
Str: 5
Dex: 4
Int: 1

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

NEWS
Its just in! A map of the Continen of Kargnifath!

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5172/continentpb3.jpg

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

To Rango:

Welcome. Your presence is acknowledged. You Wake up in the inn of the town known as Hysatik. Stay awhile, or go adventuring. The choice is yours...

You start out with 50 gp.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

NEWS

Here is a map of the City of Hysatik.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6559/hysatikdd6.jpg

0hall0
0hall0
75 posts
Nomad

I am going to go adventuring first.

Also, do you want me to post my stats every time?

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Nah only when you make a level (or when someone asks it would be nice for you to.)

For now on, because I am the host person, i will type in Annihalation when i want to say stuff about my character.

Also, where do you want to go adventuring? It is best if you stay near the town as a lower level, because as you adventure the wilderness becomes more dangerous. The training Area is a good place to earn money and experience.

Annihalation

*I'm heading to the training area of Hysatik*

spanky
spanky
97 posts
Nomad

annihalation you should make this an actual game that you can play. Like a RPG or something, its a sweet idea.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Annihalation

I'm goin to fight something... ehh. A goblin. (Here is an example of what a combat thing might be like) Also, remember that I make the combat logs (don't worry I give players benefit of the doubt )...

Goblin
Lv. 1
4 HP
1-2 Physical Dmg
Dodge chance: 5%

Annihalation: You swing with your sword and deal 3 Dmg
Goblin's melee swing hits Annihalation for 1 Dmg (1 evaded by armor)
Annihalation: You stab with your sword and deal 2 Dmg (kill shot)

LOOT
Recieved: 10 gp
5 EXP (5/25)

NOTE
In higher levels, players have the choice to flee a fight if they are losing. When a creature dies, you get (the creature's level) x 5 (times 5) in experience. The parenthesis after the amount of XP you earned is how much you now have over how much you need to reach your next level. Thanks

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

To [/b]Spanky

I would but I have no game making experience whatsoever and I want it to have multiple players .

[b]NEWS

The CRAFTING skill is being worked on. To craft something, you gotta tell me what you want to make and I'll tell you what you need to make it. Heres an example:

PERSON: I wanna make this-

Bronze Shortsword
4-6 Dmg
80% Hit chance
10% Crit chance

Me: ok heres the requirements

8 Bronze Ingots
1 Bronze Pommel
----------------
Please use your imagination. Magically enchanted items take rare materials that are either expensive or hard to find. All normal items have same stats ( e.g. swords always have 80% hit, 10% crit unless magically enhanced)

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

NEWS

A new stat, FAME, is being added into the game. Fame is earned by slaying more powerful monsters and can help you in your travels. Merchants tend to sell items for cheaper to famous people, and NPCs that aren't in a faction might join you in your travels. Players please don't worry about fame until higher levels.

Also, there is a Recruitment Officer in the Keep who seems to be looking for people who want to train in the Training Area. If you are bored or could use some extra gp, take a while and see if you're the type of person who likes to kill for money and EXP.

If you want to do some good deeds, then you should find Peacekeeper Brull in the keep. He's hiring some people to deal with thugs who have been hanging around the area just north of the C. Office. The Peacekeeper is paying good too.

COMMENT
To Spanky: Do you want to create a character for this? It's quite interesting.

0hall0
0hall0
75 posts
Nomad

First I'll go adventuring around Hysa Delta.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Scenario for Ragno
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4485/hysadeltascenerynu0.jpg
As you walk along the river towards the Hysa Delta, you cant help but notice the beauty of the water as the sun is setting. You realize it is getting late...

Note
A "..." that is contained in a Scenario is where you would pick up your storyline. In this one, I said "You realize it is getting late ..." this means I want you to decide what you are going to do now. Also, a picture wont always come with your scenario. I just felt you deserved something extra, since you are the first person to sign up besides me.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Annihalation

I'm going to the keep to talk to the Peacekeeper.
*arrives at keep and speaks to peacekeeper*

Peacekeeper Brull: Thugs around the open area between the C. Office and the Training Area are terrorizing the citizens. They came from some other town to the south a few days back. Do you think you could go set them straight? Don't kill any of them unless they attack you. I will send a soldier with you just in case you get into any trouble, because there's a few of 'em.
*I accept the mission*

COMMENT: When a NPC joins your group, you will recieve a group status update, which looks like this:

You have recieved a group member:

Soldier
Lv. 3
4-6 Dmg
15 HP
80% hit
10% crit.

NOTE
When a NPC is noted in a combat log, it will look like this:

Soldier strikes <target> for 5 damage.

Not too difficult, right?

Showing 1-15 of 201