ForumsForum GamesWorld of Chaos RETURNS!

201 25106
Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

The World of Chaos RETURNS!. This RPG takes place in the (fantasy) land of Kargnifath. The year is E2-7 (the 7th year of the 2nd Era) and civilizations are being constructed in the continent of Dysharg. You will take your part and help form (or destroy) the planet.

Basically there are two main factions: The Var'gul and the Ruuam.

THE RUUAM]]/b]

The Ruuam are a band of humans who believed they would prosper more by being allied. The Ruuam control most of the cities in the centeral DYsharg area.

[b]THE VAR'GUL

The Var'gul are are a brutish, barbaric warrior tribe of humans who believe that goals are accomplished by violence. They are constantly on the move and at war with the Ruuam.

OTHERS

It is a big world out there, and not everyone is in a faction. The outsiders may be hostile or not. Sometimes they might even help you.

ITEMS

Items play a big part in the game. There are several types of items: Equipment, Weapons, Miscellaneous, and Materials. The main currency is Gold Pieces, or gp. Some Items require certain stats, such as 10 strength or level 5, to use.

STATS

You get to choose your own stats. Stats are purchased with Free Points, which are earned when you level up. Each level you earn grants you 2 stat points.

THE MARKET

The market allows you to buy almost anything. Choose one of the many stalls, such as the armor, weapon, tome, or food stalls and ask for what they have. You should almost always find what you are looking for and much more.

BUYING

To buy an item, first head to the market. Then ask me what you want to buy, and I can tell you the merchant's price and will tell you information about the item. Here is an example:

PERSON: I'd like to buy a level 4 sword.
ME: OK...

Mithril Longsword
Req. Lv. 4
5-7 Dmg
Average Speed
80% Hit chance
10% crit chance
Cost: 90 gp

Another example of something else is this:

PERSON: Can I have a look at a magic ring? Preferably wizard stats.
Me: k

Mage's Band
Req. Lv 6
+3 Int
+5 HP
+5 MP
Cost: 100 gp

You will also come across Items in your travels and battles. Sell these in a market to other vendors for a fixed price or offer them in trade to another player.

PLAYER-TO-PLAYER TRADE

When two players are in the same town, they can trade items to eachother. Both players must accept the trade. I must acknowledge the trade before anything is changed (who has what, ect).

STARTING

When you start the game, you have to choose a class, your stats, and your weapon. Also you must choose if you want to be a part of the Ruuam, the Var'gul, or neither. NOTE: if you choose to be an outsider, just find one of the faction's cities or camps and you can join them. If you choose one faction then want to join another, you will probably have to prove your alliegance to them with a quest. Changing sides multiple times will get everyone to hate you.

OK when you start, you will want to set your ideas in. Fill in a form that looks somewhat like this:

Name: Annihalation
Class: Warrior
Alliegance: Ruuam
Personality/Description: Dark hair and blue eyes. Angers easily, and tends to break things when angry. Has warrior pride and hinor behind his eyes. Has seen much for his young age.

Background: His father, who was a mighty paladin and Marshal of the Hand of Justice, died while fighting valiantly in a Var'gul raid on Gloithuun Castle when Annihalation was only 12. Ever since he has been training to become a great Warrior, while seeking revenge on the Var'gul who slew his father. He hopes that one day he can wield his father's mighty sword, known as Light's Vengeance.

Stats (remember, you only get 10 freepoints to start with)
Strength: 5 (strength increases physical damage and health)
Dexterity: 3 (Dexterity increases your chance to dodge an attack)
Intellect: 2 (Intellect increases your magic power)

Exclude the words in parenthesis. This is what my character's stats are going to be like.

So start playin and enjoy your adventures in Karnigath.

• 201 Replies
Zachattack16
Zachattack16
193 posts
Nomad

Oh! And in a small, cozy, wooden cabin in the woods.
Only companion is a Huskie named Fang.

Zachattack16
Zachattack16
193 posts
Nomad

About what to do...

Hmm, if I am supposed to decide myself then I will go hunting.
(I'd prefer you give me choices, but if not this is fine.)

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

To Marth

Welcome. Your presence is acknowledged. You wake up in the inn of Orsinkus, the largest of the Var'gul Encampents. Stay awhile, or go adventuring. Perhaps someone may be able to use your help.

To Atrex

I do not control your actions (Unless you really want me to) you can do what EVER you want. Hunting is a good idea. So you shall (use the human side of you) and go hunting =D.

RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

I'll go to the Market, I'll look for any lvl 1 ranger oriented items.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

To Marth

After searching through the stalls in the market, you see the following items that catch your eye: (You have 50 gp)

Wooden Shortbow :Weapon
Req. Lv. 1
1-3 Damage
+1 Dex
85% hit
5% crit
Cost: 15gp

Wooden Longbow : Weapon
Req. Lv. 1
2-4 Damage
Req. 5 Dex
80% hit
10% crit
Cost: 25 gp

Leather Quiver : Trinket
+3% crit
Cost: 30 gp

Your Equipment right now:
Basic Shortbow (1-2 Dmg) (takes two hands)
(offhand) N/A
Armor: Clothes
Helm: None
Trinket: Basic Quiver (+1% crit)

NOTE: I'm too lazy to count arrows, so rangers have unlimited arrows. =D

You can also take a look at the armor stall if you want.
Also, shortly a map of the Town of Orsinkus will be availiable. Please be patient .

Zachattack16
Zachattack16
193 posts
Nomad

I will go hunting with Fang and my father's old shortsword.
While hunting I encountered a large boar.
Using Fang as a distraction, I lept up onto a towering oak tree, then dropped down onto the boar, slicing its neck (what would be a neck if it wasn't so fat) and killing the beast. I collected the tusks, meat, and hide. I plan on selling the tusks and hide in town.

After my hunt, I go to town, sell the tusks and hide to the merchant (you tell me how much I get) and buy a wooden longbow and leather quiver. Hopefully with me selling the items it will be enough.

RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

Hooray unlitied arrows!

I'll look at the armor stall too, but I will take the Wooden Longbow (-25gp)

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

To Atrex

You sell the 2 tusks you received for a total of 20 gp, and the hide for 15 gp.
GAIN:
+35 GP
+5 lb Meat

You completed a task: Hunt
REWARD
+15 EXP (15/25)

To Marth

You purchased the Wooden Longbow (-25 gp)

Armor stall:

Leather Cap : Helm
Req. Lv. 1
+1 Dex

Leather Tunic
Req. Lv. 2 (You don't meet the minimum yet)
+1 Dex
+1 Str

RANDOM EVENT for Atrex:
You found a gold piece in the stomach of the boar. (+1 gp)

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Leather cap costs 10 gp
Leather Tunic costs 25 gp.

To Atrex

Total gold: 85 gp
Quiver: -30 gp
Wooden Longbow: -25 gp
Your new total: 30 gp

Random Event: Fang eats 1 of your boar meats.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

NEWS

Ok the map of Orsinkus can bee seen here:
[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/2534544/woc-history-and-rules/page/1]

Forget the fact that the upload failed a few times... lol
cruddy image hosting services.

Ok thanks for your time.

RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

Meh, I'll pass on the cap and go to the training camp (or what ever enemies are available to be slaughtered by a level 1.

0hall0
0hall0
75 posts
Nomad

I am going to go talk to the Recruitment Officer in the keep.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Annihalation (in my character)

Im gonna take a look at the weapon shop.
*arrives at shop*

I bought this:

Iron Sword : Weapon
Req. Lv. 2
3-5 Dmg
75% Hit
15% Crit

I also stopped by the armorsmith and got this:

Medium Iron Mail : Armor
Req. Lv. 2
Str + 2

My Total: 120
Iron Sword: -30
Iron Mail: - 30
Sell: Basic Sword: +5
Sell: Clothes: +5
Grand Total: 70 gp

NOTE

Those of you who are buying gear, you can sell your old stuff.

RubberyChicken
RubberyChicken
956 posts
Nomad

Marth- Then I will sell my basic short bow before taking on what ever enemies I could kill...

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

To Rango

Recruitment Officer: Want some work? Head to the training area and you will get paid to train off of the captured creatures. Remember, you can choose how strong of a creature you want to fight. Here, take this 10 gp for your troubles.

To Marth

Trainer: Ahh, yes. You wish to fight? Well, we have many creatures in stock, but only a few that you would pit a fair fight against. Lets start you off against a Goblin or an Imp

Goblin
Lv. 1
4 HP
1-2 Dmg
5% dodge

or

Imp
Lv. 1
5 HP
1-2 Fire Dmg
0% dodge

Showing 31-45 of 201