Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Question about game sponsorship and money

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 14, '08 at 6:46pm

dee4life

dee4life

400 posts

HI, Iv'e checked the FAQ's and other topics but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

If I were to submit a game to AG, hows does the sponsorship work?
If my game gets sponsored can you then submit the same game to another site for sponsorship or does AG have control of the game now?
How much, if picked, are you likely to recieve for sponsorship (ball park figure)?

Any answers or links to a helpful thread would be much appreciated, thanks!

Posted Dec 14, '08 at 6:55pm

theone99

theone99

3,238 posts

You are the creator and control where the game goes.So I know.

And i'm not sure on how much money you get.

Posted Dec 14, '08 at 7:20pm

dee4life

dee4life

400 posts

So that means you can sumbit to multiple sites and get multiple sponsorship money?

Posted Dec 14, '08 at 8:08pm

IQAndreas

IQAndreas

314 posts

Each sponsor may have different deals. Contact as many as possible, and work something out. Often, it is a good idea to wait before hastily accepting an offer.

Some may only want you to put an advertisement in your game, and let you also get sponsorships elsewhere as well.
Others, want sole rights and don't let you have any other sponsors.

Some sponsors want you to add a "Click here for more games" link in your game. Others want a preloader. (their logo showing up when the game is loading) Others only want you to use their high score system.

Some will give you one price for the entire game, others will let you get paid based on how many plays your game gets.

Some may want all rights to the game, meaning you are not allowed to make any sequels, at least not with their permission.

Last I read, the average for a sponsorship is $2,000 for a game, but if you are a beginner, and the game is only so-so, expect a figure from $400 to $800 depending on how good the game is.

If you have any ideas for a game, but don't have the tools or time necessary to make it, contact me on my profile, and I'll help you out. If I like the idea enough, I could try to make the game, and if it gets accepted by sponsors, of course you will receive a share of the income.

Submitting a game to a site is different than applying for a sponsorship. For example, clicking the "Submit" link above only puts your game on Armor Games where other players can play the game. You don't get paid for this, however, it allows more players to play your game, meaning more publicity.

If you have any more questions, reply here, on my profile, or on the "Programming Help" forum area. There you might get more game making related responses.

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 3:14am

daxdemon

daxdemon

31 posts

WOw, this will help me...not beginner alot.

Posted Dec 16, '08 at 2:10pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,221 posts

Knight

IqAndreas explained it pretty throughly! But yes, you should try contacting the company that you would like to sponsor your game, and ask them if they are interested and what their policy for sponsorship is.

Posted Dec 16, '08 at 7:25pm

IQAndreas

IQAndreas

314 posts

I made a copy of this thread in the programming forums, since it fit better into that category.

[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/2531889/general-information-about-sponsorships]

Also, I added on to it when questions arose, and there is more input from Dank who corrected some incorrect assumptions on my part. So don't just settle for reading through the main post, but look through the additional comments.

Posted Dec 16, '08 at 7:26pm

IQAndreas

IQAndreas

314 posts

Posted Dec 18, '08 at 4:26pm

dee4life

dee4life

400 posts

Ok, thanks for all of that, really helped a lot, thanks everyone!

Posted Dec 19, '08 at 12:11pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,622 posts

There's also the AG sponsorship page to take a look at, if you want.