ForumsProgramming ForumGeneral Information About Sponsorships

12 5276
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Each sponsor may have different deals. Contact as many as possible, and work something out. Often, it is a good idea to wait before hastily accepting an offer.

Some may only want you to put an advertisement in your game, and let you also get sponsorships elsewhere as well.
Others, want sole rights and don't let you have any other sponsors.

Some sponsors want you to add a "Click here for more games" link in your game. Others want a preloader. (their logo showing up when the game is loading) Others only want you to use their high score system.

Some will give you one price for the entire game, others will let you get paid based on how many plays your game gets.

Some may want all rights to the game, meaning you are not allowed to make any sequels, at least not with their permission.

Last I read, the average for a sponsorship is $2,000 for a game, but if you are a beginner, and the game is only so-so, expect a figure from $400 to $800 depending on how good the game is.

If you have any ideas for a game, but don't have the tools or time necessary to make it, contact me on my profile, and I'll help you out. If I like the idea enough, I could try to make the game, and if it gets accepted by sponsors, of course you will receive a share of the income.

Submitting a game to a site is different than applying for a sponsorship. For example, clicking the "Submit" link above only puts your game on Armor Games where other players can play the game. You don't get paid for this, however, it allows more players to play your game, meaning more publicity.

If you have any more questions, reply here, on my profile, or on the "Programming Help" forum area. Here is where you will get the most game making related responses.

• 12 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 12