Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Manual Forum Codes

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 4:27am

Esuna2400

Esuna2400

632 posts

Okay, Cenere suggested it so i whacked this up for u guys.

The BOLDS!!
Okay, this code just makes your text more err bigger looking. Go for this when you want your text to be seen.

Code

Start with a "[" square bracket. add the letter "b" and "]" so the start looks like . Put your text after that so it looks like "[b](Text here)". Then close it with this

The Italics
This makes your text more discreet looking, or use it to make your text look magical (lol? dunno what to describe it as)

Code
Exactly the same as bold just put an "i" instead of a "b"

The Link
This is used to display a link with a selected "cover" name... The code is a bit harder for this

Code
Okay, you start with the normal open square bracket "[". After that add the "url" so it looks like this "[url". Then add an "=" sign so it looks like this "". Add your name after so the bit looks like this " ~~~~(this is the url).com/](Your name here)". Then end the code with a "[" and "/" and "url" and "]" so it looks like this ".com/](Your name here).

The Image
The image is used to display an image to ag or display a .gif animation.

Code
Okay... Start with the code "". Add the url for your link so it looks like this "[img]www.imagehere.com". then close with a "" so it ends with ".com[/img]".

The Quote
The quote is used to quote another users post... But i used it to display the codes.

Code
[quote]Start with [ q u o t e ] (Miss the spaces or else its gonna look like a quote in a quote. Copy and Paste whatever you want to quote in there. Then end with [ / q u o t e ].[quote]

Hope it helped, ill post abit more info on what the buttons do later.

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 4:31am

shermzx

shermzx

589 posts

thanks but the button's are there for ready-useage (:
nice guide,hope it get stickied

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 4:49am

Esuna2400

Esuna2400

632 posts

yea... i know there a buttons, so im gonna try ad a really long and good descriptions for them later ^^

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 4:54am

Esuna2400

Esuna2400

632 posts

O dang... Didnt all show up properly...
Ok just end a bold with "[/b]"
The URL thing is like this "[ u r l = w w w . a r m o r g a m e s . c o m ] A G [ / u r l]" (Miss all spaces)

Also
I think all the quotes get italic'd too ^^

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 7:06am

Cenere

Cenere

14,023 posts

Knight

Some seem to not see the buttons. Personally I write the url-code and the img-code out, because I am using IE, and it hates popups that should help people... So only using the bold, italic and quote code-button.

What is more important: All the codes are lowercase, and I will say it again: lowercase. Not capitals.
And when posting an image, the link for the code is to be the direct link from photobucket. If you use imageshack, there is some of the coding you have to take off, as I remember, because there is no direct link there.

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 7:36am

Esuna2400

Esuna2400

632 posts

Thanks Cenere ^^
I was gonna put that in but decided to put that off 4 when i do descriptions...
Thx again Cener ^^

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 11:03am

Zophia

Zophia

9,652 posts

so it ends with ".com[/img]

If the image is to show up, it will need to end with .jpg[/img], .gif[/img], .png[/img] and so on. Never .com, because that would be the website it is hosted on, not the specific address the image actually is.

It is always possible to right click an image and copy image location, unless you have a weird browser. That's how you get the URL for it.

Also, on a Mac, ctrl+i puts the italic code in, and ctrl+b puts the bold in. I like that feature.

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 12:28pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,905 posts

well, Xophia, I believe that "copy image location" only is in Firefox, (not checked all browsers).

A very nice guide, Esuna/Cenere, although I use the buttons since I do not want to type it out manually.

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 1:20pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,652 posts

I thought IE had it too... Safari has 'copy image address', which is the exact same thing.

Posted Dec 15, '08 at 1:30pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,023 posts

Knight

IE have a, uhm, features thing when rightclicking on the images, the lowest of the options, and then copy the image adress. So a little more annoying, I guess.

Reply to Manual Forum Codes

You must be logged in to post a reply!