ForumsWEPRPoor people and Rich people.

143 23495
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

I have seen in tv many shows ( news ) about poor people and rich people.
And i think to myself:"How come rich people get more rich and poor people get more poor?".
It is a situation a little bit strange.
I think that it should not be rich and poor people.
Everyone should be fine (relative to money).
People say that money does not bring health and other things.
It is true but it helps.
Tell me what you think about this.

• 143 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

The issue here in my opinion isn't how important a job is, but how elite you are in your field in relation to the demand for your job and the skills required. Eg 2 billion people watch and play football(soccer for u americans) worldwide. Being in the top 0.001% of these people it is no wonder they get well paid considering the demand for the product( Avg earnings in the prem is probably ã70k a week). To use a different example from firemen, the army. Privates in Britain get paid ã20k a year. A tiny sum in comparison to the footballers, and yet much harder work. Yet the top 0.001% of people in the army will no doubt get promoted and get paid higher, so i think generally if you are the best in your field in any occupation you will get paid more in relation to your job, it's just that some jobs have more demand than others.

Some people just get lucky, but you know how much training they have to have?Anyway some people just get lucky, but an education is what really matters, go to an military academy, and you can earn 15x the amount of just an enlisted man.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

go to an military academy, and you can earn 15x the amount of just an enlisted man.

Also the very lowest of the low in the military do elatively little especiallyif they are in the TA or the National Gaurd as u lot in the US know it as. Reaching a high position in a military academy is not normally done through luck but by skill and hard work.

Trust me, being in the Royal Air Force, i am aware of how much training i undertook ( 3 years mate) and i also know how little airmen/airwomen are paid for what is comparably a difficult job.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Trust me, being in the Royal Air Force, i am aware of how much training i undertook ( 3 years mate) and i also know how little airmen/airwomen are paid for what is comparably a difficult job.

I'm planing on going into the airforce I've seen what it takes, but I was doing a report and learned the highest enlisted rank makes around 5k plus COLA (Cost of living allowance) and the highest officer (academy) 120k plus COLA. The hard work really pays off.
crazjayz
crazjayz
243 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah, going to any sort of Military academy greatly increase the amount you are paid. But to be accepted, heck even to apply, to top military academies is difficult. In the US, you need, I believe, 3 letters from public officials in your state, and state representatives only do about 50 per year.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Oh yeah, going to any sort of Military academy greatly increase the amount you are paid

Unfortunately for us Brits we dont have enough money for academies. Anyone can apply, i suppose it increases the levels of competition. Probably a better system in my opinion.
ImaFiringMyLazar
ImaFiringMyLazar
60 posts
Nomad

Here's a short poem I wrote for this topic.

Poor people are needy, Rich people are greedy.

The End

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

very pointless whats the discussion?

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

wait dude don't necro threads really TRICKED AGAIN

Showing 136-143 of 143