ForumsSupport ForumForum merits

17 3840
silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

I think for all the great topics and post there
should be a merit like reward, Forum merits!.
Say someone makes a lengthy well thought out
synopsis of someones topic ,that answers the
question or just really makes the community
think differently about the topic, that
would easily be a forum merit. Honestly I
think the community of armor games should be
really rewarded for those huge replies and
topics. Think about it~ I'm gonna throw
a fit if this topic already exists, hey I
googled it.

• 17 Replies
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

This topic already exists and it has been turned down...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I wouldn't decline with this idea, but there are tons of great posts, especially debates. Heavens to the mods who have to go around and have another thing to add to their list of things to do! Nothing that we can have right now, I'm afraid.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I heard the Moderators do give out forum merits sometimes when a user has explained what they think about a certain subject. I don't know if this is true, though. Also I heard they give out profile merits.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I would earn multiple of those, then... Nah.
There would ahve to be a severe critiqual use of that, menaing that a lot of people should vote the post up, and there would have to be a limited "number of merits" to give, or the people with merits would rise drastically. Only posts actually deserving the merit, according to at least two mods would be ale to gain the merit.

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

Oh really that's very interesting? If not
they really should do that Flippin3500.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Profile merits are very rare, they are usually given for winning club contests or the kind. Forum merits were given out before by Devoidless for the debate thread, but it's not up anymore. Oh yes, I do remember someone saying you could get merits if a mod or admin catch you kindly helping out a newb. But then again, it can't be purposely done.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I heard the Moderators do give out forum merits sometimes when a user has explained what they think about a certain subject. I don't know if this is true, though. Also I heard they give out profile merits.
No forum merits that I have heard of... Only contest rewards. And merits for winning a debate in the Debate Crusades.
Which is basically what profile merits are as well. A forum post can't (to my knowledge) be merited.
silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

Well I'm not really saying that it has to be a merit or called a merit more like a forum reward or something for a great topic or post.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

And what exactly is your expectation of a "great" post?

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

That should be up to the moderators. But in
the aspects of a merit worthy comment.

ChopstickBoB
ChopstickBoB
142 posts
Nomad

Forum merits would cause chaos! Everyone would start using big words to sound smart! Like Antidisestablishmentarianism!
Then we'd all have to buy pipes to smoke and wear silk robes with ascots, and no one wants that.

But in all seriousness this isn't a very good idea. The moderators have a big enough job trying to lay down the law on us unruly rabble.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Well, I don't think this would cause chaos, actually I think a forum merit is a great idea. If we had forum merits, people would actually think about what they're typing for once. Sure it would be for the wrong reasons but at least we would have people putting, "Man this idea iz gays, stupid stuff right herez." I know this won't take care of all lazy half assed posts, but it will encourage people to type better. Thus a better community. We hope.

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

If we had forum merits, people would actually think about what they're typing for once.

I agree. Forum merits would help build up the forum. I'd rather have big words that kid's don't know what they mean than "OMG!! LOLZ@@ U sukk..... UR such a N000000B."

Forum merits would cause chaos! Everyone would start using big words to sound smart! Like Antidisestablishmentarianism!
Then we'd all have to buy pipes to smoke and wear silk robes with ascots, and no one wants that.

[Andreas removes his pipe from his mouth and leans forward as his silk robe brushes against the keyboard]Do you have a problem with that? Are you making fun of my Scottish Ascot?
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

[offtopic]Hahaha, that was so funny Andreas. "Do you have a problem with that?" lol.[/offtopic]

But, in all seriousness I would like to see people with better posts once in a while.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, with restrictions this could be a rather good idea, might not stop the spammers, because, well, if they have not got the time to try and write a comment good enough for a merit on games, then why would they do it with posts?
But it would do something for the rare few actually trying to uphold standards for the posts they make (when not tired or drunk), and it would show that helping other people, or having enough information to make a prober argument is worth it.
Some of the more serious topics in the world event section would actually be worth debating, when people are able to try and make serious posts for the sake of merits. Or like most of us do, for the sake of the topic.

Showing 1-15 of 17