ForumsSupport ForumForum merits

17 3841
silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

I think for all the great topics and post there
should be a merit like reward, Forum merits!.
Say someone makes a lengthy well thought out
synopsis of someones topic ,that answers the
question or just really makes the community
think differently about the topic, that
would easily be a forum merit. Honestly I
think the community of armor games should be
really rewarded for those huge replies and
topics. Think about it~ I'm gonna throw
a fit if this topic already exists, hey I
googled it.

• 17 Replies
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I think thats an excellent idea .

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I heard the Moderators do give out forum merits sometimes when a user has explained what they think about a certain subject. I don't know if this is true, though. Also I heard they give out profile merits.

No, we cannot physically give out merits for forum posts. We simply do not have that tool. We can give merits on profile comments, but only if someone has won a contest or something like that. The merit can act as a reward in that circumstance, but that is the only reason that we give them out on profiles.

But yes, this idea has been brought up before, and has been considered. But there are so many thoughtful and constructive posts in the forums (especially World Events), that a ton would be going out. I think that people already tend to leave great posts, so a system to encourage people to do so isn't really necessary. I like that people post in the forums because they WANT to. Not because it is worth points (since it is less than commenting points), and not in the search of more points.
Showing 16-17 of 17