ForumsSupport ForumRandom Merits - A "resume" to how good the game eally is

10 2301
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

I believe it would be handy to have a sort of a "resume" of how a game really is. That is what comments are for. Sadly, most comments don't give you an extensive idea of how games really are. "cool", "lame", "boring", "hahaha", don't really cut it.

Merits are great, but sadly, they are often hidden deep within a long list of one word comments and 5 second posts.

What if merits, instead of hiding on page 4, instead are brought forth and displayed to players, so they can get a general idea of what the game is like.

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=randommeritum6.jpg

• 10 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/149/randommeritum6.jpg

Fixed your image (drastic plastic ftw)

I agree, but most people don't bother reading before playing a game.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=randommeritum6.jpg I doubt anyone will see the pic otherwise.

I really like this idea. I was thinking about making a suggestion to this affect, but your method is much more elaquant.

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Thanks, guys. I still haven't gotten imageshack down just right.

I agree, but most people don't bother reading before playing a game.

Well, if the game takes 3 minutes to load, this would either save them from wasting their time and bandwidth, or it would make them even more eager to play.

This would be especially helpful for people with dial up or any other slow internet connection.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

There was a thread about this a little while back about two comment boxes. This idea is a little different by suggesting a random merit. I like this idea a whole lot better, as it would give a player a general idea of what the game is about. I say yes to this.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Ta-da!

A little over a week ago. Didn't generate much response.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

So there are three threads about this? Man, well I like this idea better.

Oh, I have a suggestion. What if there was a link under the random merit that stated, "View other merits on this game". That would also allow other merits to shine! I am really liking this idea. =]

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

So there are three threads about this? Man, well I like this idea better.

It's the basically the same idea in different words. You even replied to it.
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

It seems like every time I have an idea, someone else was always before me.

What if there was a link under the random merit that stated, "View other merits on this game".

Fantastic suggestion, Flippin3500. I like it.

I still have on my agenda to flip through all the other threads and pick out ideas from there that would work for this...
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

It's the basically the same idea in different words.

I think the picture really made a difference.

Also, the reason I placed the area under the description is that if it is under the comments, it will be too far down for anyone to pay any attention. It should be right there at the top when people are loading the game.

It could even go right before the 5 most recent comments.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

It's the basically the same idea in different words. You even replied to it.

Sorry, I have very bad memory.

It seems like every time I have an idea, someone else was always before me.

Your idea is somewhat different from the others. Thus, your idea! Well, I really hope this gets implemented. The picture you showed us was very organized, and showed that there is a good spot for it.
Showing 1-10 of 10