ForumsGamessniper or machine gun?

431 93403
bladerunner
bladerunner
232 posts
Nomad

when i play video games i choose the sniper rifle mostly cause i'm good at it. also plzzzzzz plz plz plz plz plz DON'T mark this as spam all of my previous threads are locked cause some 2 year old thread might be about the same thing.

• 431 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Nu uh, the machine gunner would be able to get a bunch of shots out. That is the point of the gun.

For me, i am a professional camper. I can find the best spots were i have great angles/views of the battlefield, but i can not be seen. Then i pwn...

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

i would pick a michine gun although it has a shorter distance, i would pick the sniper if i was to kill someone from a far distance. machine guns like: the ak47 are strong and have a sort of bad accuracy, but if your talking like an m16, then that would be considered as a rifle, rifle are more accurate but contain less power and recoil.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Personally, I think that the sniper has certain good traits, but is bad in most circumstances:
1. Target is moving
2. Target knows your shooting at them and begins evasive action
Several ways this can happen: You shoot at them and miss, or they see you with a sniper rifle (either on the sidescreen for a multiplay splitscreen videogame or on the field)
3. Target comes up from behind while you're searching for them with the scope activated.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Sniper rifles also have good balance, the marines are trained to fight in CQC (close quarters combat) with sniper rifles. So basically you can rifle whip them or shoot them long range. you got the best of both.... guns (worlds?).

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Yes, technically you can fight with them at close quarters, but if you missed, you would have to wait a bit before firing again, unlike with the machine gun. Personally, my favorite is the good ole chaingun.

KnightHawk101
KnightHawk101
105 posts
Nomad

Sniper! enough said.

web
web
225 posts
Nomad

Sniper, if you use tactics it's the best weapon!

soccer_mylife
soccer_mylife
388 posts
Nomad

SNIPER!!
PTRS-41

Ikillpeople13
Ikillpeople13
34 posts
Nomad

i'm a sniper person

hellbrokenloos
hellbrokenloos
142 posts
Nomad

sniper, i am always a sharpshooter

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@DDX

Well, the long reload time of sniper rifles is troublesome. If a shot is missed at close range you can expect to die with ease. You cannot whip someone with your gun's butt unless they are right next to you. Let us also know that not everyone is a Marine. If I was forced to fight right now, I would go with the machine gun

@orion732

Chainguns are cool. Though they are awfully cumbersome. Isn't that why you always see them mounted?

I think people should be more explanatory when giving their opinions.

BTW, I like machine guns for a couple of important reasons. One of them is the fact that snipers have long reload times. Snipers also are not as effective as machine guns at close and medium range.

FROST101
FROST101
283 posts
Nomad

Ill say sniper!

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

@knight - But what if your enemy does not know your there and hes paken heat with machine guns...form afar he has got really bad aim...and the sniper has pin point possision...

So i choose sniper =]

andyandythin
andyandythin
87 posts
Blacksmith

i choose machinegun because it's more fun shooting hundreds of bullets at the enemy instead of one lousy bullet. And in video games, i get killed before i can even aim because the enemy had snipers the already.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

The best weopen is called andy..its both of them cobined!

Showing 181-195 of 431