Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

What are good ways to earn points here at Armor Games?

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 16, '08 at 9:46pm

ianmiguel1

ianmiguel1

12 posts

Hey everyone, i'm kinda new here so i just wanna know how to earn points at Armor Games.
Thanks to all who give tips!

Posted Dec 16, '08 at 9:56pm

silentclore

silentclore

323 posts

The best way to earn armor points is by writing constructive merit worthy comments on flash games. They give you 25 ap but have to be long and well thought out. You can be active in forums. Or comment and talk to people

Posted Dec 16, '08 at 9:59pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

3,305 posts

Just do what you just did, by commenting on the forums and on users' profiles. You can also do so by rating any game you wish and by commenting there as well. Merits are those 25 AP rewards, like SilentClore pointed out, but those must be well-thought-out reviews in games. Its best to look at a previous review laying around the game comments area to see what a true one is really like. Well, that's all I got, hope that helps you!

Posted Dec 16, '08 at 10:46pm

ianmiguel1

ianmiguel1

12 posts

Hey, thanks a lot guys, that really helped me! Thanks for your time

Posted Dec 16, '08 at 10:53pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

3,305 posts

No problem man! Need anything else, just call =)
I also see you gained like 3 ranks, so good job on that part as well!

Posted Dec 17, '08 at 3:26am

MudPuddle

MudPuddle

271 posts

The best way to earn points, in my opinion, is to forget about them. Enjoy the games and rate them, enjoy the forums and join in where you want to, and generally just have fun. Trust me, the points will follow, and it will seem all the quicker for the fact that you won't be stressing on it.

Posted Dec 17, '08 at 5:25am

Zophia

Zophia

9,647 posts

The best way to earn points, in my opinion, is to forget about them. Enjoy the games and rate them, enjoy the forums and join in where you want to, and generally just have fun. Trust me, the points will follow, and it will seem all the quicker for the fact that you won't be stressing on it.
That pretty much sums up my opinion too.

Points and ranks are just a way for others to see how active you have been - forum posts and merits tend to be the kind of points that earn you most respect in the community, for some reason. Probably because many spam rate, or just chat a lot with comments.

Let's see...
Forum post = 1 AP (unless it is in the Newcomers section or Forum Games, in which case it is 0 AP)
Comments on games or profiles = 2 AP
Rating a game = 2 AP
Submitting a game you have create/participated in creating = 20 AP
Merit = 25 AP

Hope to see you become active in the forums as well, and if you have any questions, just ask.

I think I'll be locking this one now, since it has been answered~