Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I hadanother ideaaaa

add a Most Popular Topic: ( ) to the side of the names
it's determined by how many replys there are

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/grahaam/populartopic.jpg

might have a problem with really old threads though..
could make it so it's the most popular topic on the front page only

• 6 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I don't really think this is worth the coding...it's not that hard to just check the page, if it is a really popular thread, then it will be near the top.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

it's determined by how many replys there are

Even better, there could be some sort of code that takes into consideration how often replies are left, how many replies are there, etc. So it would be a more accurate way to determine what is currently the most popular thread.

As to putting it on the front forum page, I am not such a fan. I like the idea of keeping it clean and uncluttered. I think that if something like this was implemented, it would need to be something that was perhaps brought to the top in the actual forum section.

But overall, I like the idea =)
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Well, if it always shows the most popular topics, people would always reply there and it would remain the most popular. I don't like this idea because it really isn't needed. What use would it have? I agree about what Ricador said, if it's that popular it would be near the top of the list.

kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

I think that it might be a good idea and might not be a good idea. There are disadvantages and advantages to both which makes it hard to decide.

Advantage: You could see what is the popular one and you can see what has the most replies.

Disadvantage: What if the topic has the most replies but you don't like it or not that important. (Although you can see others)

~kell84~

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

great idea.... but that isn't really needed.....right?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Disadvantage: What if the topic has the most replies but you don't like it or not that important. (Although you can see others)

I think it's just more of a 'if your looking for a hot-spot' on that forum type of thing, if you don't like it then you don't have to click that and just simply do things the old fashion way =)

But I like it, I mean it will defiantly give you some insight to what's popular in the forum right now, plus it saves you the time of looking for some forums you want to get into and talk in a good discussion about.
Showing 1-6 of 6