ForumsSupport ForumMicrosoft Word problem?

4 1658
AowDevil
AowDevil
16 posts
Nomad

Well I have been writing on ArmorGames and I was wondering what does ArmorGames have against Microsoft Word quotation marks and apostaphes? Whenever I copy paste it shows up as some weird symbols.

I am sorry if this has been written about.

• 4 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

It is not just with MW. For some reason symbols from other sites and programs sometimes do not transfer over properly. I am not entirely sure why, but it is not an issue exclusive to Word.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Mcrosoft Word automatically changes "straight quotes" to smart quotes, the curvy things. Armor games can't handle smart quotes. You can turn it off and other things too under "autoformat as you type".

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

I have been wondering, is this problem for all browsers, or only Firefox, since the "smart quote hatred" seems to also appear on other sites.

Is anyone with Internet Explorer experiencing these problems?

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Also, I was working on an ArmorGames "comment cleaner", that replaces all smart quotes and other unusual symbols with more legible symbols, but I soon lost interest and moved on to other projects.

Should I continue my work, and resurrect the comment cleaner? Would it be of any use to anyone?

This was the reason I posted that really strange topic in the programming section a while back.

Showing 1-4 of 4