ForumsSupport ForumStopping SPAM!!

11 2433
kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

Well, you see, a lot of users have just been saying nice game or cool or i like it etc. Shouldn't there be something like a delete thing that automatically deletes your comment if it is not longer than 5 words or 7.

I think Carlie would prefer at least 7.

Thanks. Please list opinions here.

~kell84~

• 11 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

That is a good idea, i can see where you are coming from. But then people could do something just as quickly buy doing this:

i love love love this game so so much.

But then again, what defines a whole word? Some one could just do this and beat the system:

q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q

So, no, this idea is good in theory but just won't do much.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well then users can flag it =P

kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

Yes, like miguelin11 said users can flag it and it will be much more easier for the mods and admins to check it out and there will be less SPAM!! which I hate.

~kell84~

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Yes, like miguelin11 said users can flag it and it will be much more easier for the mods and admins to check it out and there will be less SPAM!! which I hate.

...Do you know how many flagged posts there would be? A LOT! I vote 95% no... the other 5% is because it will discourage few spammers because they will have to exert more energy...sorta...
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Shouldn't there be something like a delete thing that automatically deletes your comment if it is not longer than 5 words or 7.

*automatic post of opinion often stated* Bzzzzzzt! Because-not-every-post-under-5-to-7-words-is-considered-spam-but-most-is.
^^I waz a roboto...
Idea!
I sometimes think that it could be like a Vote-Down thing where the 'Flag' button was just, as I said, 'Vote-Down', and after a certain amount of 'Vote-Down's, the comment would be deleted, THAT WAS OF COURSE if you couldn't Vote-Up/Flag at free will of your refreshing magik.
Also when there would be a 'Vote-Down' it wouldn't be sent to a Mod/Admin until it reaches a certain amount of downrates, like 10 would send a Yellow-Flag Alert to what I'm a email-inbox of flaggings, and after 15 a red flag, which would mean a lot of people want it gone, so it must be bad if 15 people took the time to downrate it.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Robots use proper grammar?

Because-not-every-post-under-5-to-7-words-is-considered-spam-but-most-are

At Raptors idea:

Most people get mad at the long comments and have no idea why people write these 5 paragraph comments. So people would down vote them. Also, not a lot of people go down vote comments, only a few would, and every time someone does, the previous person who down voted comments, did it about what, an hour ago? So that would mean there would be like 100 more comments. Then usually it will never add up to 15.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Robots use proper grammar?

I'm not that great at programming grammar yet, still stuck in World Domination w/ Robots 3P, can't get those dang Moles =(

At Plokkey's counter:
Yeah that's true, also I didn't mean the down-votes would actually delete it(did I say that? Scrapped that idea when writing it.), if it got to the point it would be deleted by a Mod/Admin. Was thinking more of a Newgrounds thing...'Comment has been voted Useful, Comment has been voted Useless, Comment has not been decided upon...'...
But...
It is true there'd be a million new comments less than 4 words, so it would be best to have a little thing that restricted comments less than so many words, 15-20 characters(nospaces/#/symbol) would be about right, right? I dunno o.o
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Moderators like to say "Thank you" a lot. Then again my own idea comes in.

Lets say there is a warning when you want to post the comment if it is less than so and so characters/words. Some people aren't even aware o the rules, which they don't want to break on purpose....

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Sometimes you just want hear a "nice", instead of a constructive critic

Sometimes saying "this is cool" with no "but", makes it all worth

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Sometimes saying "this is cool" with no "but", makes it all worth

Why is it cool? Or are you just posting for points? *glares evilly at poster* YOU DON'T CARE DO YOU??? YOU JUST WANT APS!!! YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT MY GAME HUH!?!?!? *goes to corner and cries, screaming curses at poster loudly*....
Also it doesn't have to have suggestions, it just has to give a thorough review on why you liked it, don't make us dig up that merit on Thing-Thin 4 that was a book-long about how the "Gunz wer so awsom in the game, they go liek tihs 'BAM!' BAM BAM' and this 'BOOM!' and the machingun went like this, 'BAM BAMBAM BAM BAM BAMBAMBAM!' really fast and then the pistol went like this 'BAM BAM' and it was sooooo COOL!..." true story, somewhere beyond the sea of many comments. A merit is just how you liked/diskliked the game, and why. Suggestions are only if you didn't fully liked the game or were unsatisfied and happen to know what's best =)
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This has been suggested many times before. Thefore I shall be locking.

Showing 1-11 of 11