ForumsProgramming ForumWho wants to make a great game?

14 4554
Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Well, I made a forum RPG that apparently some people liked. A couple times I was told it would make a great flash game... there's just one downfall...

I don't have adobe flash!

So, I'm willing to give my idea for a (hopefully) great game away to anyone they want. I understand they will have their own ideas for a game. I have played armor games for a long time now, and i've played plenty of the flash RPG's to know about how I would like it.

But that doesn't matter. If you want to make a flash game, and would like a cool idea, click here to go to the forum RPG. If you really want to make a flash game for it, leave a comment on my Account Profile, not on the Forum. Thanks for your time, and happy gaming to all. Hope you all have a great Christmas this year too =D.

• 14 Replies
rebelsoccerplayer
rebelsoccerplayer
14 posts
Nomad

How did you mak the rpg game i really want to make a game

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Sure, when tony gets on I will make it as fast as i can. =)

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Ahh this is great stuff. You are good at this.

You can make it yourself. Get a copy of Adobe Flash and start learning! (Post something on my profile and I'll help you get it for free)

Otherwise, good luck finding someone to make this.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Drace, I dont have 700$ to shell out at my slightest whim (lol). Can i get (a non trial version) for free somehow?

GodGilliam
GodGilliam
60 posts
Nomad

Drace, I dont have 700$ to shell out at my slightest whim (lol). Can i get (a non trial version) for free somehow?

Sure, but that's illegal, you can find loads of "free" copy's on the internet but it's your own risk
Erasmus_Darwin
Erasmus_Darwin
59 posts
Nomad

FlashDevelop is a free alternative to Flash. However, FlashDevelop won't help with the production of art assets -- you'll need to use other tools for those.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

GodGilliam, i ment a LEGAl way

Adobe needs to license a special version thats like, only 40$, but its illegal to sell your products with that license, only free distribution.

Thanks Erasmus, but what do you mean about art assets? I have a cool drawing program for all my pictures... please go into more detail when you can

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Lol i Downloaded that FlashDevelop thing Erasmus, the funny thing is that Adobe Flash is 400 MB and this one is 4 MB... lol alot faster DL.

Thanks for showing me about that btw...

Erasmus_Darwin
Erasmus_Darwin
59 posts
Nomad

By art assets, I mean all the visual components for what you're developing. With regular Adobe Flash, there are a number of drawing and animation tools that're built into the program. With FlashDevelop, you're just creating ActionScript (the code that drives Flash programs). So you either have to build your graphics in code (by using the flash.display.Graphics API) or you have to create them in another program and embed them with FlashDevelop.

Also, if you're going to do AS3, you'll have to download the free Flex SDK. That's available here. If you're just doing AS2, then I believe MTASC and swfmill are already bundled with FlashDevelop and capable of doing what you need.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Im using AS3 and i got Flex SDK. How do I compile what I've written to see what my script does? (Doesnt Adobe Flash have a built-in compiler?)

Erasmus_Darwin
Erasmus_Darwin
59 posts
Nomad

You'll have to let FlashDevelop know where you installed the Flex SDK. Go to Tools->Program Settings->AS3Context and set "Flex SDK Location" to wherever you installed the Flex SDK.

You'll also need to go here and download the "Flash Player 10 Projector content debugger". Then go to Tools->Program Settings->FlashViewer and set "External Player Path" to wherever you saved that program. That's the standalone Flash player that it'll use to run your Flash programs.

Once that's done, you should be able to compile and run just by pressing F5. If there's a problem compiling, it'll show the errors in the Output window. Otherwise, the player will pop up with your program.

And yes, I think Adobe Flash has a built-in compiler, but I've never used it, so I don't know for sure.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

what if I just buy Adobe Flash CS3....

Erasmus_Darwin
Erasmus_Darwin
59 posts
Nomad

That might be an easier option. I believe they've got a 30 day trial, so you can see whether or not you're happy with it before forking over a bunch of cash.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

yea.. I'll try DLing it. BUT they ask weird questions, like "how many employees work for your organization?"

ANSWER: uhh, well im fat so, uh, 2?

Showing 1-14 of 14