ForumsSupport ForumHow about....

10 2269
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Well I just read another post about somebody asking what a merit is, so I thought of an idea which might prevent some spam. What if you make the merit on your profile a link, like when you go to your own profile (or somebody else's) that you can click on the merits text which leads to the post wherein will be explained what a merit is.

And another small idea, since I'm experiencing some lags on AG, and it seems I'm not the only one, how about removing some posts in the forum in the last part of a section? (I know, moderators are busy people and I know how it is, but if you got some spare time you might?)

• 10 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

And another small idea, since I'm experiencing some lags on AG, and it seems I'm not the only one, how about removing some posts in the forum in the last part of a section?

Not to say anything, but I'm not entirely (but pretty) sure that the back posts that have been locked are causing the lag, it's probably the immense amount of people playing the famous sonny 2.
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Yeah I read in the other post, i also missed one post where somebody described the same Idea, but I think the first Idea is still in.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

And another small idea, since I'm experiencing some lags on AG, and it seems I'm not the only one, how about removing some posts in the forum in the last part of a section? (I know, moderators are busy people and I know how it is, but if you got some spare time you might?)

Also, if we went back and deleted these, it would remove the points that members had gained for those posts. So it isn't that we aren't doing it out of laziness, we don't want to remove peoples points.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

there needs to be a way of putting the points in as a separate count, not as part of the forum post code.. i mean the forum post code happens then it activates a separate code which adds one to it that can never be taken away

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

one to it

i mean one AP
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

there needs to be a way of putting the points in as a separate count, not as part of the forum post code.. i mean the forum post code happens then it activates a separate code which adds one to it that can never be taken away

But then again, if someone is spamming and we want to take away the comment and the point earned for it, we would not be able to. So there would really be no point penalty for breaking the rules.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

uhh... a button that takes away however AP you want from that user that only mods and admins have

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

uhh... a button that takes away however AP you want from that user that only mods and admins have

But the total points is based on the amount of each comment, post, etc. all added up in an equation to equal total points. If you start just randomly removing points, then this wouldn't add up anymore.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

But the total points is based on the amount of each comment, post, etc. all added up in an equation to equal total points. If you start just randomly removing points, then this wouldn't add up anymore.

ahhh too much constructive critisism i'm tired of thinking

make it a take away however many comments or forum posts button
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Lol Actually I already dropped the second idea, I was actually in for the first.

Showing 1-10 of 10