ForumsSupport ForumFaster Web Servers

10 2202
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Often times (Such as now), the site is really slow. The website has grown over the years and there is now much more traffic.

I see the site go down temporarily several times a day. Think its time to upgrade?

• 10 Replies
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Definatley... i have used IE8... which is horrible and firefox (which is best) and google chrome and the site has been down on all the browsers so its not the browsers...

What can be changed really?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

What can be changed really?

The web servers. There is lot of people using the site and their servers cant handle it. It ends up slowing it down.
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Alright, I got it...

You think this will ever go into effect?

Bricks
Bricks
17 posts
Nomad

Yes, I also think they should get different servers. Often times, I wait 5-10 minutes just to get to my profile. Although, I understand how hard it is for them to do something like that. Considering this site is kinda new. So, I suggest everyone use the latest version of Firefox. I am currently using Google Chrome because Firefox is failing to work. If Firefox messes up for us... God help us all.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

You think this will ever go into effect?

Well the traffic will only be growing. They will have too sometime.

And I just noticed there were 2 other threads on this =/ Darn me.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I do not want this site to change again. I like it just as it is. I do not think it is slow. It is perfect. Armorgames is my life.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I am not having this problem. Do you have the latest Firefox browser, Version 3.0.1? The site actually goes faster and it has a spell-check (Which most people need ;P).

Armor Games could use an upgrade, though.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Believe me, they are definitely looking into this and constantly looking into ways to make the site faster. It gets tricky when you start moving stuff between servers though. But I am sure that as soon as they are able to expand, they will.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Generally it takes around 3 minutes for a game to open, 5 minutes to get to the community, and 2 minutes to open up a thread. However, I'm not sure if the developer even knows what's wrong, or if he does, how to fix it. Wish it would run faster though, does it work good on google chrome?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Believe me, they are definitely looking into this and constantly looking into ways to make the site faster. It gets tricky when you start moving stuff between servers though. But I am sure that as soon as they are able to expand, they will.

Glad to hear Carlie. Keep us updated
Showing 1-10 of 10