Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

~AP?~

Posted Dec 20, '08 at 9:46am

hailman670

hailman670

370 posts

i hope i dont sound stupid but what is and how do you get AP?

Posted Dec 20, '08 at 10:01am

mrtim

mrtim

2,905 posts

AP stands for armor points.

You can get AP from the following ways:

Rate a game = 2 AP
Comment on game/profile/news = 2 AP
Forum post (exluding 0 AP ones) = 1 AP
Submitting a game = 20 AP
Earning a merit = 25 AP

Posted Dec 20, '08 at 2:00pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,618 posts

AP is a point system integrated in ArmorGames to display how active users have been.
What mrtim wrote sums the basics up.

By earning AP through activity, you unlock armatars and get a rank to display how many AP you have in the forums.

For future basic questions, try taking a look at the FAQ or the Help section - if you're having troubles finding either, message me, and I'll help you out as soon as I have time.

Two final important things:
Don't care too much about AP. It's only little points on a gaming site, and they don't mean much.
Never spam to earn AP. Once found, the spam will be deleted, and your points will be gone.

Posted Dec 21, '08 at 3:13am

hailman670

hailman670

370 posts

sorry again but how do i know how much ap i have?

and merits? plus i have postes forums but it says 0 posts?

what program do users use to make games to post?

Posted Dec 21, '08 at 7:39am

mrtim

mrtim

2,905 posts

You know how much and how you got your points by looking in your profile. Just find a dark blue/black box and you should see your points and how you got them (and how much) on the left of that box.

The newcomers forum and forum games forum will not add you to your AP count and your post count.

Posted Dec 21, '08 at 9:24am

overthewoods

overthewoods

39 posts

for more help you can click the help button in the corner

or you can talk to a mod or admin im shure they will be happy to help

Posted Dec 21, '08 at 11:05am

Zophia

Zophia

9,618 posts

Yeah, as mrtim said, your AP is written in big numbers if you scroll down to the box on your profile. Below the total, it says how many games you have rated, how many comments you've made, how many forum posts you have posted (outside Newcomers forum and Forum Games as those do not count), how many games you've submitted, and how many merits you have earned.

If you want to get into game making, I suggest you go and take a look in the Programmers section, it's almost at the bottom of the forum page. Most flash developers use Adobe software, which is rather expensive, but works well.

Reply to ~AP?~

You must be logged in to post a reply!