ForumsArt, Music, and WritingZombie Story

40 27567
superpickle
superpickle
689 posts
Peasant

Think I might try write a zombie story - it's the holidays and I got nothing better to do! :P

Chapter One - The Awakening
Tom woke up to the sound of glass smashing. He bolted upright in his bed, and turned on his bedside lamp. He jumped as he saw a figure by his wardrobe, but then he relaxed when he realised it was just his reflection in his mirror. He wiped his long dark hair out of his eyes and got out of bed. Wondering what the noise could have been he walked along the corridor to his parents room. Tom was only 16, and he trusted his parents with anything. He wanted to ask them what the noise was. However, as the door swung inward, Tom was met with a ghastly sight. His father was sat hunched over the body of his mother, her stomach ripped open. He was greedily devouring her innards, tearing and biting at any bit of flesh he could get his hands on. Tom screamed and backed out of the room, not believing his eyes. His father turned around, and Tom choked with shock. A large chunk of his fathers face was missing, and his whole bottom jaw had been ripped off. All that was left of the lower half of his face was a nose, his upper jaw and a tongue. A gaping hole was left where his lower jaw should be, and the hole led straight to his throat. Tom turned and started to run. His father leaped up with a roar and chased him along the corridor and down the stairs. Tom ran to the front door and wrenched it open. Ducking through, he looked back to see his mutated father close on his heels. As Tom ran out of his house, he tripped and fell on his face. He quickly turned over and began to shuffle away backwards from his looming father. His father began to swing his arm towards Tom when a gunshot rang clear through the night. Tom's fathers head was blown to peices as he took the bullet straight to the face. His corpse wandered aimlessly for a fews seconds before falling to ground. Tom looked round for the marksman, and saw his old neighbour, Ted, with a shotgun crooked in one arm and a walking stick tucked under the other. Ted was 68 and had lived next door to Tom's family for 34 years.
"Come quickly boy," rasped Ted. "That shot will have alerted more of them. they'll be headed here right now."
Tom sat still for a moment bewildered.
"Do you want to die, boy? Come on, or I'll leave you for them. No point draggin' you along, that'll just slow me down."
Trembling, Tom stood up. He took the arm offered to him by Ted and together they hurried off into the night.

• 40 Replies
Showing 46-45 of 40