ForumsSupport Forumwe should have a forum link on our page

21 4757
gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

Their are some people that don't use the forums at all or very little but alot of people do use them so their should be a personal link thing like their is for favorite games and friends so that you wont have to post the link in your about and make your profile look less pretty. you agree?

I don't think this topic has already been posted, if it has then sorry. =(

• 21 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

You can always just click the "Community" tab if you wanted to navigate to the forums.

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

but if you don't feel like looking through the forums and finding something then this would be very useful

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well my first suggestion to you is to use periods. Its hard to understand a huge block of text =/

From what I understand is that your suggestion is to add a link on our profiles that takes us to the forums. As I said the "Community is enough.
I don't understand what your reply is to this.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

If your meaning you want to attract more attention to the forums, I always did think we need a bigger community button as it is hardly noticeable, but if you are the curious type, you will find it.

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

yes mrtim has exactly what i mean. like a favorite topic section on our profile so the we dont have to go looking through everyrthing. Drace i do use periods but for the last few posts i didn't need to put in any. from what im hearing Daniel Mcneely is going to update our profiles witch is why i made this topic.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

That's weird. I didn't tell it to do that. I'll try again. (sorry for the double post)

Why does your about need to look pretty? I'm not sure I understand, but you could put a separate section at the bottom of your about... like add some dashes like these ---- until its split, then put like

Favorite Forum Threads
1. Thread thing
2. Another
3. Thread

I know that's not exactly what you want, but not much can be done about it.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

but if you don't feel like looking through the forums and finding something then this would be very useful

Ah, and if they are to lazy, then they will also be to lazy to post long comments. And we don't need any one like that here...
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ah, I do not make the rules, but the admins do. They say that spam isn't tolerated, and if you are to lazy to look for something chances are you wont take the time to write something thoughtfull out. I will own you in a argumment So I wouldn't try it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ah, skater, your statement is a bit faulty...
The point is, to have some links so you can quickly access your favorite threads directly from your profile, right?

I'd like that... Atm I either bookmark the threads or just remember the title when I need to find it again, but I wouldn't mind being able to track threads like that.

Because, threads disappear. Suddenly you're gone for the weekend and hundreds of other users have been posting in the Tavern, and you just wanted to see if anyone had replied to you in that one particular not-so-popular thread... And you just can't find it.

Of course there are ways to find it and track it otherwise, but having it implemented in AG would make it a tiny bit easier and more practical.

Spam image:
http://dragcave.net/image/QSMv.gif

I like the idea. I'm pretty sure it's been suggested before, but I didn't bookmark the previous version, so let's just leave this one open.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, a favourite thread.
What's wrong with putting the links on your about?
It's not going to make it ugly.
Abouts don't have the definition of ugly.

And you could always substitute words for the link.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

There is nothing wrong with putting the links elsewhere, the point of the suggestion is just to make it easier.
It's easy to argue that we don't need it. But wouldn't it be nice if we could get it at some point?

P.S. firetail, go to my profile comments and read my reply to your comment.
One of these days I'm gonna ban you and put the reply for you in the ban text...
Ah, just kidding.
Or am I!...?
[/offtopic]

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

P.S. firetail, go to my profile comments and read my reply to your comment.
One of these days I'm gonna ban you and put the reply for you in the ban text...
Ah, just kidding.
Or am I!...?
[/offtopic]

Uh-oh...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
[/offtopic]

It's easy to argue that we don't need it. But wouldn't it be nice if we could get it at some point?

Everything would be useful if we could have it at some point.
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

This would be quite handy. I believe that you should be able to turn this off/on in your control panels, since some people are very inactive on the AG community.

Or, just make a new tab! ;P

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Ummm clicking the "Community" button link is easy enough, having 2 links and adding something else to the site to make it even slower would benefit next to nobody.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Possibly, but why in the world would someone wait 3 weeks?

Easily just paste link in your about, and save AG some work, and this has been suggested many times before.

Showing 1-15 of 21