ForumsSupport ForumPreview Posts Before you Submit them

5 1675
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

(soz if already been suggested)
Many people say that there should be an edit button on posts to correct speling mistakes and code. This has quite a few obvious drawbacks.

Instead there should be the option to preview your posts before you submit them. This would help people posting links and especially art as well as the spelling of posts. I think it would work quite well. What do you guys think?

• 5 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

A quick search brings several up:

Preview Post button
Post Preview Option
Forum Post Previewer
New Idea for AG

There's also discussion on the many "edit your post" boards that I won't dig up, but I think it's generally agreed that this is a better option than "edit your post".

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

A quick search brings several up:

Preview Post button
Post Preview Option
Forum Post Previewer
New Idea for AG

soz then
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

How's it better to edit your post? People could change their post to say something totally different, and make another user look like a dummy. I think this is an excellent idea. Although, nobody ever takes new ideas into consideration, lol. They always say the same thing. "It's been suggest before. It will lag the site. It would allow people to spam." Ugh. I think this will be a good contribution to AG.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Preview post = awesome idea.
Could prevent many double posts.

I' gonna lock this, though, I'm pretty sure that link collection up there is a good enough reason to do so...

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well I've always suggested an Add-On button(as opposed to Edit button) but no one ever pays attention to that and continue with the Edit/Preview stuff. So I guess there's just no way we're going to get anything added onto these posts to make it easier for us to get our messages right.
Yet another attempt to improve the Edit Feature;
Edit Feature:
Mr. Spammer seyz:
u suk!
Mr Spammer seyz:
Hi everyone =)
---------------
post was Edited 1 time(s) by Mr. Spammer
Add-n Feature
Mr. Spammer seyz:
u suk!
Mr. Spammer seyz:
u suk!
--------------- <=line of addon-ness
I'm sorry =(

Anyway I've continued to suggest this but since it gets ignored I don't know why it's not a good idea in the first place XP Ironic huh?

Showing 1-5 of 5