ForumsGamesPiercing VS Stats

19 6374
Aplastante
Aplastante
77 posts
Nomad

I have always been confused when picking between between a certain stat or an item with a high piercing. How exactly does it work anyways? Is it like 10% more effective if 10 piercing?

• 19 Replies
xMakusx
xMakusx
34 posts
Nomad

I think Physical Piercing has to do with a specific kind of attack, for instance Vicious Strike is a melee attack, so I would guess the piercing gives you more oh a physical attack benenfit.
While the physical defense helps you defend from physical attacks.
That's what I think, don't know if it's true

I_Think_Im_Black
I_Think_Im_Black
5 posts
Nomad

Try clicking on the abilities tab, and overing your cursor over any piercing bar.

It will say that there is a certain % chance that you will hit a critical attack, if you crit, it will hit % more, and at a high enough piercing level, you even hit a certain percentage more on non-crit attacks.

Each scales with your piercing level. I don't know exactl how, but try wearing high piercing armor, and compare that bar with another bar with lower piercing.

I hope this helps.

Aplastante
Aplastante
77 posts
Nomad

I know that Ice Piercing helps with your direct ice attacks, etc etc. However, I want to find out if it's better or worse than something that simply gives your stats for the ability (in this case, intellect).

Aplastante
Aplastante
77 posts
Nomad

Try clicking on the abilities tab, and overing your cursor over any piercing bar.

It will say that there is a certain % chance that you will hit a critical attack, if you crit, it will hit % more, and at a high enough piercing level, you even hit a certain percentage more on non-crit attacks.

Each scales with your piercing level. I don't know exactl how, but try wearing high piercing armor, and compare that bar with another bar with lower piercing.

I hope this helps.

Oh, so it just increases the chances of a high hit? I thought that had to do with your speed. Thanks though.
I_Think_Im_Black
I_Think_Im_Black
5 posts
Nomad

I think speed also has to do with your critical hits. Again, I'm not sure how, but in the game manual, it mentions something about it.

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Piercing affects the direct damage of attacks and the likelihood of them criticaling. THe other factors in criticaling are level (the difference between your level and the enemy's level), and speed IIRC.

However, piercing does not affect the periodic damage of attacks (damage over time). So poison attacks will likely do more damage with strength rather than poison piercing.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

When looking at equipment, I suggest either aiming for a specific type of piercing, or just disregard it completely. Psychos should go for lightning piercing if they choose to take the lightning route; Bios should take physical or poison piercing; Hydros should take ice piercing. Physical is by far the easiest to acquire; you can make some awesome assassin-type fighters that way.

However, if you find that you're taking a split route (i.e. not completely focusing on poison, physical, electric, shadow, ice, etc.), you probably just want to aim for strength or intellect.

ozymandias90
ozymandias90
9 posts
Nomad

READ THE GAME MANUAL ON THE FIRST PAGE, it tells you what they do

mistical
mistical
4 posts
Nomad

yes speed increases your phy percing, hit, and dodge.

steven66s
steven66s
192 posts
Nomad

i found that Piercing rarely helps you in end game and the stats help you more and ou hit higher as well.

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Piercing helps you critical a good amount as it only significantly increases critical damage, it also makes your attacks more likely to critical.

That's why I go for physical piercing on my speed bio, with speed also increasing the chance for a physical based crit, then piercing increases the damage done when criticalling.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Piercing is good but Stats are also Good so on my Bio i balance the 2 when i get some points i alternate between strength or speed or add points to both of them

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Speed doesn't = physical piercing.

Speed increases the chance to critical as well as accuracy and evasion according to the manual.

Physical piercing increases: 1. The chance to critical, 2. The added damage from criticalling, 3. Slightly more base damage to attacks of its element.

Now, to address the topic question, it is a tough decision between thetwo, and I am currently still trying out different equip setups to see which is more effective.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

On my Hydrawlikal Newb I have all Black Ops legs and body, Night Vision, some boots that add Phys. Piercing, the 2 Red Blades (Both from a boss, idk who). I have a monstrous piercing addition, and most of my balance goes to Str. and a mix of Vitality and Speed. (I don't use instinkt).

The Piercing is great.

mrpwnage
mrpwnage
11 posts
Nomad

i personally think piercing is useless, dont worry about it too much

Showing 1-15 of 19