Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Jan 11, '09 at 11:50pm

transitive

transitive

22 posts

dots and hots combine additively. if you had a 1000 point per turn DoT (say a nice big Epiphany) running and a "Dream's Over" HoT restoring 350 a turn the net damage would be 650. one doesn't cancel the other, they're both running and the damage lost to Nightmare's HoT is very real even if your DoT damage overtakes it.

the most efficient use of the skill is as a finishing move. if the enemy dies from the attack they obviously won't heal anything. i consider this to be a niche usage and unnecessary, even for a shadow build.

Posted Jan 11, '09 at 11:53pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

+1-1=0 is the definition of canceling out for me.

Posted Jan 12, '09 at 12:07am

transitive

transitive

22 posts

no, thats just equilibrium. maybe my language wasn't good. my apologies.

if once cancelled the other they would be mutually exclusive, they could not both be present on the same entity at the same time. this isn't the case in Sonny, both effects are active and there damage and healing are combined additively.

Posted Jan 12, '09 at 11:44am

moopling

moopling

3 posts

There is one other use of nightmare: as a skill to use corruption on. For shadow builds I think thats the main instant damage spell but it needs a shadow debuff active. For times when epiphany runs out this can be usefull (long lasting debuff which is usefull if despelled).

Posted Jan 14, '09 at 3:23pm

Kasumi_Shinzawai

Kasumi_Shinzawai

10 posts

I find Sacrifice extremely useful. As well as being very entertaining, your teammates sometimes survive (occasionally if they have 10k health, more often if they have 14k or so).

And when the Mayor uses Team Sacrifice, you can hit them with sacrifice 3 or 4 times.

And if you're lucky, you'll have one of the mayor's debuffs (don't know which one) that breaks sacrifice horribly!

I was regenerating 350,000 health per turn :D :D :D

Posted Jan 14, '09 at 4:17pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

I've never needed sacrifice, I don't find it useful at all unless I'm receiving too much damage to handle...which I never have had that happen.

Posted Jan 17, '09 at 1:53pm

Evangelionist

Evangelionist

1 post

Ummm, well, and what about Charged Blood?
I have enough time to lvlup 5 times to get 100% of this ability...

Posted Jan 18, '09 at 12:30pm

afroninja1723

afroninja1723

353 posts

i just wanna say that ightmare is note useless at all if you use shock therapy right after they only recover around 300 hp and not the rest IMO it's pretty good maxed out.

Posted Jan 18, '09 at 11:10pm

rafa1

rafa1

81 posts

Baron, so easy

first you have to put 2 times traumatize on your action bar
3 shock terapy 1 electric charge, free will

you just have to traumatize him and while he is stunned
you put all on phalanx mode and when baron wake up you use traumatize again and after 2 turns he will wake up but you will be prepared for his atak, then you keep traumatizing him til he has no more focus and starts killing himself :)

Posted Jan 21, '09 at 7:22pm

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

94 posts

shock therapy is a great ability! lots of damage and dispelling effects!

Reply to GUIDE: Psychological

You must be logged in to post a reply!