Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Jan 21, '09 at 7:54pm

Jerkoid

Jerkoid

230 posts

What about the shadow defense-reducing moves... um, Dark Echoes and Insecurity? Don't those make Nightmare a lot stronger?

Posted Jan 21, '09 at 7:55pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

Well, maybe

Insecurity (4 turn bonus) + Dark Echoes (More damage dealt and shadow defense lowered) + Nightmare (Damage but healing) + Shock Therapy (get rid of healing)

Posted Jan 21, '09 at 10:20pm

Jerkoid

Jerkoid

230 posts

I'm working on a build for that as we speak... Or I can respec my other Psycho... either way, I guess I'll find out later.

I don't really want to find out if it's any good on my own, though :(. Has anybody done that combo?

Posted Jan 22, '09 at 7:14am

stoorm333

stoorm333

5 posts

here is my build for psy.(survive skills)

passive:charged blood (max),tenacity (max)
attack:shock therapy (max)(2/3),electrical storm (max)(2/2)
healing:(retrograde (1/2)(1/1)),(nightmare (max)(1/1)),free will (max)(1/3)
hit/healing:terrify (max)(1/2)
other goods:dark infusion (max)(1/1),corruption (max(1/1)

HOW TO USE?

1.you attack whit electrical storm (it give mp back)
2.use shock therapy when enemy have buffs (combat,thunder,shadow)
3.when you have low hp use retrograde+nightmare (don't let veradux heal you when you have retrograde
4.other way to heal and defend is free will
5.there is third way to heal name of that skill is terrify.

list of combat action bar skills
1. shock therapy (max)(2/3)
2. electrical storm (max)(2/2)
3.(retrograde (1/2)(1/1))or dark infusion (max)(1/1)
4.(nightmare (max)(1/1)) or corruption (max(1/1)
5. free will (max)(1/3)
6. terrify (max)(1/2)

there is my list of good skills :D

Posted Jan 22, '09 at 11:58pm

truepurple

truepurple

118 posts

What level is that build?

A level 23 build with 3 point left over

At max:
Charged blood
Shocktherapy: Equipped 3 times
Electrical storm: 1 time (don't use it that often except for long battles)
Free will: 1
Terrify: 1
Tramatize: 1
Wraith form: 1

First I use terrify to get the self healing going. Or free will on a allie that needs it. Then the other way around. (if a weaker target I don't bother.)

Then I blast 3 times with shock therapy.

I might use tramatize at first, or after this point. Depending on different things. Usually on a higher HP units that the allies aren't attacking (and set them on max aggression so they don't waste attacks on a traumatized enemy at half damage) It stuns the target leaving you under attack by less enemies.

After I have a bit less then half energy (which is a bit after I've used the three shock therapies) I might use free will again if needed, then switch to wraith mode to get all that energy back and to blast even better. With switching to wraith mode to get energy back, I almost never need to use electrical storm for energy. Just occasionally in boss battles. Electrical storm can be handy for decent damage on that small space where none of the 3 shock therapies are available. Or on those rare occassions where a enemy debuffs you so you cant use any abilities that use focus. Pysch doesn't have many of those.

If you want to play for more damage but more risk too, you might remove traumatize or terrify for nightmare. Casting nightmare then removing it with shock therapy the next turn. The enemy will still get one turn of healing from it though somtimes even 2. Shock therapy still does more damage then nightmare thanks to charged blood and a equipped posidians fury with 98 lightning penetration.(plus the 1 or 2 turns of healing subtracting from damage)

Retrograding nightmare is just a waste of space. Willpower and terrify just do better and take less space.(especially with overdrive, not that I would bother going down that path)

Oh, on hydra, the arms are weak to shadow magic but resistant to lightning. And the main head is resistant to shadow magic and somewhat weak to lightning (unless its the other way around?) So you will want dark and lightning magic as psych for the hyrda. Terrify works well for that shadow magic. You only need one, just switch between it and shock therapy since terrify has a CD of 1.

Whether to go for just instinct, or some speed too (and how much) I'm not sure. The speed does help the lightning penetration I suppose/I hear, and wraith mode quadruples your speed. Which makes every point count alot more then. But then wraith mode doesn't last long and has a long reset time. Its hard to say.

Posted Jan 23, '09 at 5:37am

Jerkoid

Jerkoid

230 posts

Wraith form quintuples your speed.

1+4=5 = quint.

Posted Jan 23, '09 at 6:24am

Jerkoid

Jerkoid

230 posts

HOLY CRAP!

Sorry for double-post. I got excited. I just tried that combo--Insecurity, Dark Echoes, Nightmare, all maxed. I'm level 12, and I did 2200.

!!!

Now level 13, with the baron's weapon ;)....
Meh, 2300. And that was with Roald's impair this time. What a stupid weapon. Krin, we need more shadow piercing :D.

Posted Jan 23, '09 at 5:21pm

truepurple

truepurple

118 posts

Wraith form quintuples your speed. 1+4=5 = quint.

It quadruples your speed, that means its four times faster, not five.

Posted Jan 24, '09 at 3:29am

Jerkoid

Jerkoid

230 posts

So "Increases damage taken by 10%" means they take only 10% damage, and not 110%?

Posted Jan 24, '09 at 3:10pm

silence_of_death

silence_of_death

2 posts

thanks everybody.that guide is great

Reply to GUIDE: Psychological

You must be logged in to post a reply!