Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Jan 24, '09 at 3:12pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,076 posts

So "Increases damage taken by 10%" means they take only 10% damage, and not 110%?

If it says "Increases" it's 110%. I don't see why it wouldn't be

Posted Jan 24, '09 at 11:29pm

stone_devil

stone_devil

7 posts

I must admit i greatly disagree with the first post at this subject about the "tricky/crap" skills.I believe that learning to use these skills effectively is what makes this class kinda tough to master and it does not make them garbage.After some consideration i worked a few shadow skills that let me waltz through the game on heroic level.The only times that i died(yep i did) was when my enemies were ganging on me and killed me on 1 round.

My BASE for this build are the following skills:
Implosion
Psycho for
Epiphany
Insecurity
Dark Echoes
Dark Infusion
And extended us of Free Will for survival

It works like this:Psycho Form + Epiphany + Insecurity + Dark Infusion + Dark Echoes (+Implosion if you don't have a healing enemy or know that he is not going to heal)

e.g:With instinct at let's say 250(not hard to get) we get
Psycho Form:Instinct goes to 325
Epiphany:384+10%=422 dmg
Insecurity:384*130%=499 dmg
Dark Infusionnow I believe it does about 60% of your inst in dot so i will go with that) (384+150)*130%=694 dmg
Dark Echoes384+150)*154%=822 dmg
If you use the Implosion it jumps for one turn at 2500 dmg

So in 6 turns(7 if you count the form) with an instict of 250 you 422+499+694+822(+~2500)+(Echoes)500+(Infusion)+300=3300 dmg (or 6k with implosion.
This additional 10% was added cause of the overdrive.Because of that i personally throw a free will in there to stop the damage and in addition heal me

Tell me your thoughts people.It's not only that i like this build(if it's any good you will tell me) it's also fun to play

Any thoughts?

Posted Jan 24, '09 at 11:51pm

truepurple

truepurple

118 posts

yeah, I recently found if you you use dark echos and insecurity +psycho form it can cause some major DoT. But the timming can be tricky with dark echos because it doesn't last long, and sometimes the move order changes. Plus thats alot of stuff to throw at a enemy. One can kill a enemy with that cheap kill move in the same number of moves. But then perhaps people don't want to play with that anyways.

Will power is a great move, but you only have so many slots. I find mostly 1 willpower and 1 terrify is more then enough for defensive purposes. Your allies take care of the rest. Plus terrify does damage and lasts much longer then willpower. Its the only one you need for yourself for the most part.

Whats implosion do for you?(don't want to have to load the game just to find out) And why should one use it?

Posted Jan 25, '09 at 1:23am

BOOM_HEADSHOT

BOOM_HEADSHOT

13 posts

http://whitekarsi.deviantart.com/art/Uvula-110519958 thanks for the guide

Posted Jan 25, '09 at 3:20am

wisefury

wisefury

8 posts

good guide, but i refer phyhical i just like health.

Posted Jan 25, '09 at 3:46pm

stone_devil

stone_devil

7 posts

@truepurple:Implosion triples the dot damage for one turn.If you have an enemy pumped with shadow dots it effectively kills him.whenever i have used it against an enemy that DOESN'T HEAL that turn...well he died the same turn

Posted Jan 25, '09 at 3:56pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

So there are a few good shadow psycho builds...

Posted Jan 25, '09 at 9:41pm

Jerkoid

Jerkoid

230 posts

If it says "Increases" it's 110%. I don't see why it wouldn't be

Wraith form increases speed by 400%. The total comes to 500% when you add the 100% you do normally, just like in this case ^^. Same thing goes with implosion. 300% more means it quadruples DoT.

Stone devil, does it do more or less total damage to do another Dark Infusion instead of a Dark Echoes, then implosion?

Shadow is surprising me the more I use it. It's kind of tricky to see how all the moves work together and then come up with a build that's both powerful and versatile... but it's fun .

Posted Jan 25, '09 at 11:08pm

truepurple

truepurple

118 posts

How do you know it doesn't mean that it just increases the speed 400% rather then 400% more?

Posted Jan 26, '09 at 9:16am

stone_devil

stone_devil

7 posts

@Jerkoid:I really wouldn't know since seeing that i'm an absolute freak i only went with what i thought was originally a sound plan through the whole game.Maybe it would do more damage but the insecurity+echoes debuffing that i use made the whole DoT thing heavily damage even things resistant to shadow(as they both make enemies less resistant to shadow attacks)

@truepurple:are you sure we are talking about the same skill here mate?i'm talking about implosion not the wraith form

Reply to GUIDE: Psychological

You must be logged in to post a reply!