Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 12:34am

Cedric_Tsui

Cedric_Tsui

4 posts

Good guide Transitive.

I have to agree with you. I tried a few fiddly builds like overdrive + epiphany+implosion. But when it comes down to it, you might be able to setup an awesome attack. But if it takes two moves to set it up, you'd darn better do more than 3x the damage than with a normal attack.

Anyone else's opinion on Charged Blood? It's effects don't actually register in the stats. I've been staying away from piercing all together. The numbers are big on the weapons, but the effects themselves are much smaller. I prefer consistency over the occasional gift.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 12:45am

ChronoBartuc

ChronoBartuc

6 posts

It's pretty consistent, the majority of my hits were criticals at the end of the game. Even in PvP, I frequently hit critical hits. It's not like I had anywhere else to spend the points anyway. Also, if you hover the bar for piercing/defense, it'll give you some stats.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 1:35am

Cedric_Tsui

Cedric_Tsui

4 posts

I know hovering the bar gives you stats for piercing and defense. But if you use charged blood which increases your lightning piercing by x precent. this stat increase doesn't appear under the inventory menu for me whether I'm using lightning piercing items or not.

Oh. A point about High Voltage.
Yes. It buffs the enemy. However, it says the enemy delivers and RECEIVES 20% more damage. And the effect stacks over several turns. So it actually does quite a bit more damage than shock therapy.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 1:54am

mowmow924

mowmow924

28 posts

Nice guide. Though i started 2 pshs and i beat the game with both. A shadow-user and a Electric one. Though the shadow is starting to do alot of damage the shock one does Massive.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 3:59am

Aplastante

Aplastante

83 posts

Alright, well, I havn't used psycho in heroic mode yet, (i finished it with hydro and am currently working on it with bio), but here is my take from finishing it on challenging. If you can't defend yourself even after maxing out tenacity and using free will almost 100% of the time (so that you are always shielded), then is the time to think about getting some vitality equips/distributing some attribute points to vitality.

Heroic = They will one-shot you if you don't have the chance to get a free will in. Ie, anyone with a high speed and targets me has about a 50% chance of KO-ing me before it's even my turn. I'm going andriod, but the loss of nearly 50 intel saddens me.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 4:01am

Aplastante

Aplastante

83 posts

Anyone else's opinion on Charged Blood? It's effects don't actually register in the stats. I've been staying away from piercing all together. The numbers are big on the weapons, but the effects themselves are much smaller. I prefer consistency over the occasional gift.

Worth it. If it's maxed, expect anywhere from 1/3 - 2/3 of your moves being critical.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 12:11pm

transitive

transitive

22 posts

I stand by my assessment of Charged Blood. Its a crucial skill for the class and is responsible for a gigantic damage increase. You are correct, Cedric, it does not show up on the character sheet. That doesn't mean it isn't working though.

Also keep in mind that very high levels of piercing don't only boost crits it will also increase base damage by a certain (somewhat smaller) percentage.

I may experiment with High Voltage to see if its worth it. It may legitimately result in higher damage output but that doesn't necessarily mean its the correct choice. Its riskier than Shock Therapy and it also lacks the dispel ability. Thanks for the tip though, I'll give it a try.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 1:03pm

Parsat

Parsat

2,223 posts

Charged Blood is a passive effect. So it doesn't show on your normal stats, but in combat it shows. I highly recommend at least one point in there, or if you choose to go for Electropsycho class, max it out. It'll help you get consistent crits, combined with lightning piercing armor and arms.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 1:14pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

Well, I'm off to try traumatize with haunt and free will ^-^

Wish me luck.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 1:38pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

Yay, I beat him with all my teammates at full life and I'm only lvl 12!

Traumatize, Free Will, and Wraith Form when he had Holy Scars kicked him :P

Reply to GUIDE: Psychological

You must be logged in to post a reply!