Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 7:57am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,715 posts

Sometimes nightmare doesn't go away and the move sucks. It's better to just do double shock because of your lightning piercing.

Posted Jan 25, '11 at 3:02pm

gamedude9000

gamedude9000

4 posts

this guy knows nothing,don't listen to him.he may be 2.5/10 right,but still don't listen to him. >:O

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 2:11am

titanio

titanio

3 posts

My build is...
Vitality - 211
Strength - 44
Instinct - 541
Speed - 164

My skills equipped are...
Shock Therapy (3/3)
Shock Therapy (3/3)
Free Will (4/4)
Terrify (2/4)
Epiphany (1/4)
Electrical Storm (3/4)
Psychopath Form
Wraith Form

My passive skills are...

Charged Blood (3/4)
Tenacity (2/5)
Overdrive

My average damage per turn is around 6500 and free will shields me for at least 20000 damage.

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 2:13am

titanio

titanio

3 posts

...And i am lvl 30 and completed the game without Roald, Felicity or Veradux

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 2:42am

spartandestroyer

spartandestroyer

2,112 posts

ultimatin is trash? no way! sure the negative effects are annoying but it combos well with freewill. and freewill combos well with salvation.

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 3:35am

vesperbot

vesperbot

987 posts

how come FW combos with salvation? You can cast salvation on yourself?

Posted Apr 28, '11 at 3:52am

spartandestroyer

spartandestroyer

2,112 posts

no silly.

freewill. mass heal + shield.
shields stop dmg.
veradux finds it easier to heal.
salvation. healing buff + focus restore.
veradux finds it even easier to heal. (his heal costs 15 focus so...)
freewill and salvation = this...

roald-healed a lot.
you-shielded and hopefully if you have low viatality the main target.
veradux-healing a lot.

if roald is hit then he will get healed. if veradux is hit then he can heal himself. if you get hit you have a shield. if your opponent gets pizzed and buffs himself veradux can zap him and roald can stop him doing it again.

Posted Apr 29, '11 at 3:41am

vesperbot

vesperbot

987 posts

you stil have to waste a turn throwing a salvation, while with ultimatum/FW you can plain sacrifice your kids (dress em up for vitality) and pwn enemies alone, just watch for the stun.

Posted Apr 29, '11 at 6:45pm

spartandestroyer

spartandestroyer

2,112 posts

well you always could literaly "sacrifise" them. or at least as soon as the bug fixes up >8( but at least mirage doesnt do what it says it does... (no dmg increase!)

Posted Jun 25, '11 at 11:06am

ileacus

ileacus

20 posts

I think the Psychological class is best built as a hybrid using some of both sides of the ability tree. Here's a build I like a lot, and in PvP, no other character build of any class can beat him, except of course, the speed bio. Against a speed bio, he must either Crystallize the psycho Sonny immediately (kind of cheap IMO), or go right to Shadow Blend+Withdrawal on the psycho. And even then, sometimes Roald will get off a lucky shot and stun him.

Equipment: All Cryptic Armor except Hallowed Gloves + Wrath of the Council.

Abilities: Dark Echoes (4/4), Destruction (1/4), Salvation (1/4), Tenacity (5/5), Shock Therapy (3/3), High Voltage (1/4), Electrical Storm (4/4), Wraith Form (1/1), Charged Blood (5/5), Nightmare (4/4), Insecurity (3/3). That leaves 2 points left over at level 30, which I'd either put in Traumatize or Confinement, but would rarely use on the wheel. Confinement is a nice addition with Nightmare, and Traumatize is obviously good if you want to take someone out of the fight for a while.

Ability wheel: Insecurity, Wraith Form, Dark Echoes, Nightmare, Shock Therapy x3, Electrical Storm.

The typical order of attack goes around the wheel in the order given. Sometimes I'll drop Dark Echoes out of the order if it's not needed. For most opponents the Insecurity+Wraith+Nightmare is enough to kill, and if not, the first or second Shock Therapy almost always does. Even against the Corruptor with her(?) high defense and massive healing, all you need is Confinement maxed instead of Dark Echoes, and cast it either before or after the Nightmare (can't remember off hand which turn she gets the big double healing).

One of the really nice things about this build is that nearly all of the attacks are automatic hits. Only Electrical Storm and Dark Echoes have a chance of missing. And both of those have very short cool downs, which is important for Electrical Storm if you need to regain focus.

Reply to GUIDE: Psychological

You must be logged in to post a reply!