Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Jul 17, '11 at 8:08pm

PokemonGuy

PokemonGuy

18 posts

I compared Bio the Psych, and Psych worked much better for me when it came down to fighting all the bosses. I rly loved the build!

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 7:18pm

Shelf

Shelf

7 posts

Good guide Thanks dude!!

Posted Aug 9, '11 at 8:30pm

snowman41

snowman41

3 posts

yeah, this guide is pretty helpful
o_o

Posted Aug 10, '11 at 6:34am

Hellsharky

Hellsharky

57 posts

Thank you for this guide, Im trying to beat the LEGEND achievement as a Psycho. I was on the 5th zone but couldn't beat few of the end fights So I had to train

Posted Aug 10, '11 at 7:04am

vesperbot

vesperbot

987 posts

use Shock Coma as a crowd control move, especially if it was spec+hounds what you couldn't beat. Anything is beatable if you can a) disable someone too nasty to have around, or just someone; b) heal or otherwise patch yourself up against the damage received; c) do some damage overhead against their heals (and d) have enough patience to last a battle so that they will fall).

Posted Aug 11, '11 at 10:07am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,715 posts

Bio is way better than psycho

Posted Sep 29, '11 at 1:12pm

Zogan

Zogan

2 posts

To Kingtrombone:
Now, you had me really interested in a Shadow Build for a Psychological class in the first few lines . . . but, then, I read that you only do 1,200 damage? And at level 25 with FOUR-HUNDRED-AND-THIRTY Instinct?!

Dude, I'm a level 17 Lightning Psychological build, exactly like Transitive described, and I'm already hitting 1,500-1,800 per Shock Therapy, and about 1,200-1,400 with Electrical Storm. I only have 159 Instinct and just 397 (x2 with 5/5 Charged Blood) Lightning Piercing. My equipment is pretty pathetic right now, and the only thing that gives me Lightning Piercing at the moment is my Wrath secondary arm (+42 Lightning Piercing). I'm only roughly 2/3 your level 25 Shadow Psychological build with really crappy equipment and I'm already doing more damage than you?

Well, I, for one, think you're not telling us the whole deal . . . or are you? If you are, Shadow Builds blow ***, and Lightning is the only way to go, but there just HAS to be more to the Shadow Build than that crappy 1.2k damage over time. Hell, I'm doing 5,700 to 6,800 in one use of my Wraith Form (5 turns total. One turn for Wraith Form, with 4 Damaging turns, all with direct damage.) Now, I remember when I had a level 30 Lightning Build . . . I was doing 12k-14(or 16, I can't really remember the maximum)k damage with one Shock Therapy (in Wraith Form and with the always constant Critical Hit that never fails to happen, obviously). Now, this may not be as much as the humungous damage a Biological Speed or Strength Build can do in one hit, but you have to remember that you can do it 3 times in a row, and then one slightly weaker hit, causing way more than whatever damage any other classes can do after the four turns. (I guess, if you had to name what this would be, I'd call it "'Direct' Damage Over Time" (DDOT).)

Anyway, the fact that you think a Shadow Build does better damage than a Lightning Build boggles my mind.

So . . . I've decided to make the Shadow Build you've described and see the damage output for myself. I'm not sure if anyone else has done this and told everyone about it in posts prior to page 5, since I noticed there were 49 pages in total and said "Screw that!", so I'm going to do it, anyway. I may or may not report back my findings. We'll all see in due time. I'm only in Zone 2's Boss right now, since I had to restart because my laptop broke and I have to use my Home Desktop computer now, where my save files are non-existent. But this makes me want to play even more now, so I'm quite eager to try out your Shadow Build. Hopefully, it's worth the re-spec cost. From what you described, though, I'm kind of doubting it. Heh.

(P.S. - I am replying to Kingtrombone's original Post on the first page. Now, I know it's been almost three long years since that Post of his, so I'm not expecting him to reply at all. Hopefully, someone else can fill me in on the best way to do a Shadow Build so I'm not doing 1.2k's at level 25 like Kingtrombone supposedly does. If someone could do that before I find out how terrible his build might be, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.)

Posted Nov 18, '11 at 8:39am

Bobleg

Bobleg

2 posts

How to beat baron easily on heroic as psycho with no partners and no training

Turn 1 ultima maxed
turn 2 free will maxed
turn 3 start spamming shock therapy maxed
then every time you use 3 shock therapys use electrical storm maxed

put all points into instinct.

also when I used this he started casting tick tock on himself, don't know why

Posted Nov 18, '11 at 8:43am