Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Nov 19, '11 at 12:39am

zekrom1

zekrom1

63 posts

I really think you need to rethink your statement that shadow abilities are not good. I successfully defeated the corrupter with no training with this build:

Psychopath Form
Epiphany
Insecurity
Implosion
Terrify
Free Will
Dark Infusion
Ultimatum
Overdrive (passive)
Tenacity (passive)

Sometimes I will substitute Traumatize in here instead of implosion if the enemy has a superbuff

What I do is I first use psychopath form, or if the enemy has a superbuff, traumatize. After that, I will use epiphany to deal MASSIVE DoT. Next, if I have low health, I will use free will, or if not, insecurity. I then follow the insecurity up with an implosion. This alone is usually enough to kill enemies instantly. If they are still alive, I will use terrify to negate overdrive after psychopath form runs out, then spam dark infusions on the enemy. If I am ever in danger of dying, I will use free will. If, by some lucky critical, Veradux dies, I have ultimatum to negate all damage, and by casting free will in conjunction with it, I am basically invincible (for example, an electro bolt from a twin guardian will do about 700 damage). I then repeat the combo with epiphany once it recharges, and use psychopath form again when it finally recharges. You should have no problems with focus either, as the moves cost so little and psychopath form recharges it. No battle, not even the twin guardians, will last long enough for you to run out.e

As I stated, I have passed legend with this build, and successfully beaten the corrupter with no training. I recommend you give it a try, and you will see the true power of the shadow psycho: able to play defense without sacrificing offense. With this build, I only lost twice: once to the Riot Police x2 + Android Guard fight, and the other time to the Twin Guardians.

Posted Nov 20, '11 at 3:48pm

JoergL

JoergL

90 posts

I never met anyone before who claims to have done a successful legend run with a shadow build. I can't seem to get past the 2x Frost Zombies, Frost Terror match in Zone 2 with a shadow build.

Posted Nov 20, '11 at 7:08pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,715 posts

hmmm I've never really tried the shadow build, only really shocker on psycho

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 4:09pm

zekrom1

zekrom1

63 posts

Attribute points: First 10 attribute points in Vitality, everything else to instinct

My ability progression:

Level 1: Traumatize 1/2, Terrify 1/4, Free Will 1/4, Betrayal 1/4 (Prerequisite), Retrograde 1/2 (Prerequisite)

Level 2: Free Will 2/4

Level 3: Free Will 3/4

Level 4: Free Will 4/4

Level 5: Nothing

Level 6: Overdrive 1/1, Epiphany 1/4

Level 7: Terrify 2/4

Level 8: Psychopath form 1/1

Level 9: Terrify 3/4

Level 10: Terrify 4/4

Level 11: Traumatize 2/2 (for Baron)

Level 12: Insecurity 1/3

Level 13: Insecurity 2/3

Level 14: Insecurity 3/3

Level 15: Epiphany 2/4

Level 16: Epiphany 3/4

Level 17: Epiphany 4/4

Level 18: Nightmare 1/4 (Prerequisite)

Level 19: Ultimatum 1/1

Level 20: Implosion 1/2

Level 21: Implosion 2/2

Level 22: Retrograde 2/2 (for Dr. Klima)

Level 23: Dark Echoes 1/4 (Prerequisite)

Level 24: Destruction 1/4 (Prerequisite)

Level 25: Salvation 1/4 (Prerequisite)

Levels 26-30: Tenacity

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 6:10pm

JoergL

JoergL

90 posts

What? You play with next to NO controling moves? Not even 2/2 Traumatize to keep Felicity down and unfocused? At the very latest, the icy trio on level 8 would kill me. How do you do it?

After your explanations, though, I was able to do 2 successful shadow legend runs. Thumbs up to you.

My strategy was heavy on defense. Like some "doc weird", most of my job was shielding and healing. In the first 4 levels, I get up to 3/3 terrify and 3/3 free will, as well as 2/2 traumatize. As you can compute, this way, overdrive can't kick in before level 7.

After that, it's epiphany, implosion, and shock coma as soon as I can get it. Ah, I save a point at level 9, because I want both. Implosion helps to kill the Baron faster.

The 3 vs 3 matches are played with 2 shock coma and 2 traumatize on the wheel, accompanied by 1 terrify, 2 free will and the trusty dark infusion. Single enemies and some pairs can (must) be played without shock coma, replaced by epiphany and implosion.

So - there is no free space on my ability bar for insecurity or psychopath form. With new levels, I simply up what's there. Took me to the mayor.

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 6:14pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,715 posts

I'm trying it right now, with just one question? Is Dark Infusion gonna be my only consistant way of regaining focus?

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 6:51pm

JoergL

JoergL

90 posts

Yes, it is. Actually, for a long time, it is your only way. It's weird. :-D
Don't fear, you are a great healer with terrify and free will. This is also where I misjudged overdrive all the time before. It looks like a sucker's bet, damaging you by 10% each turn just to boost epiphany? Wrong! It also boosts your healing moves a lot. Free will shields and heals you and your allies, and for only 5 focus to boot. Terrify keeps yourself happy.

When you need to refocus, try to shield yourself first (it's useful anyway), and then drink that dark infusion. With hard opponents, I often stun one of them, too. It comes with the game anyway.

But I seem to be Mr. Defense. Zekrom1 might just infuse himself.

Posted Nov 27, '11 at 11:59pm

zekrom1

zekrom1

63 posts

What? You play with next to NO controling moves? Not even 2/2 Traumatize to keep Felicity down and unfocused? At the very latest, the icy trio on level 8 would kill me. How do you do it?

Felicity is hard with this build at that level, but there is a nice strategy that worked great. If she attacked you the first turn, just restart. If she attacks Veradux or puts up a shield instead, use Free Will on yourself, NOT Veradux even if he was attacked. This way, she will only attack Veradux. After that, just attack, shielding when necessary, and she will cast Serious Business in no time and stop using Black Metal. Then just play normally with these abilities

For the icy trio, I actually found it quite easy. I killed the top Frost Zombie first. Note that Greater Purpose has great synergy with Free Will, and can stop a lot of damage. I may have gotten lucky here, but I had no problems.

So - there is no free space on my ability bar for insecurity or psychopath form.

My ability wheel went like this (only listing levels with changes for sake of convenience, and abilities are in no particular order):

Level 1: Traumatize x1, Terrify x2, Free Will x3, Dark Infusion x1, Corruption x1.

Level 6: Traumatize x1, Terrify x2, Free Will x2, Epiphany x1, Dark Infusion x1, Corruption x1.

Level 8: Traumatize x1, Terrify x1, Free Will x3, Epiphany x1, Psychopath Form x1, Dark Infusion x1.

Baron Fight: Traumatize x2, Terrify x1, Free Will x3, Epiphany x1, Dark Infusion x1 (change back after this fight).

Level 12: Traumatize x1, Terrify x1, Free Will x2, Epiphany x1, Psychopath Form x1, Insecurity x1, Dark Infusion x1.

Level 19: Traumatize x1, Terrify x1, Free Will x1, Epiphany x1, Psychopath Form x1, Insecurity x1, Dark Infusion x1, Ultimatum x1.

Level 21: Terrify x1, Free Will x1, Epiphany x1, Psychopath Form x1, Insecurity x1, Dark Infusion x1, Ultimatum x1 (Yes, I have no stuns here, but no fights after the council require them! This also just BARELY defeated the Bomb in Z6; you may need to get lucky with drops to beat it without training. Yosuke is very weak to DoT, so it IS possible with Ultimatum, as are the Twin Guardians with Electro Bolt)

Dr. Klima: Traumatize x2, Terrify x1, Retrograde x1 (That's all you need this fight!)

When you need to refocus, try to shield yourself first (it's useful anyway), and then drink that dark infusion.

Exactly what I did, and it worked surprisingly well.

Hope this alleviates some confusion!

Posted Nov 28, '11 at 12:08am

zekrom1

zekrom1

63 posts

Sorry for the double post, but I am working on a full legend run guide, but since thanksgiving vacation is over soon, I will be busy and may not have much time. I will try to get it done in a week, though.

Posted Nov 28, '11 at 6:17pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,715 posts

Well, once I make my bio legend run guide, we'll have a guide for each class

Reply to GUIDE: Psychological

You must be logged in to post a reply!