Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Nov 29, '11 at 4:41pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,716 posts

Whew! How did you beat the baron? You can't get him down all the way using just traumatize, and he is still able to use focus moves when he is awake. I did it using a run-down version of the shock coma retrograde combo, which let me get him down to 30,000 (I think that's the correct unit). After that, though, he does not cast deep burning, only holy scars, so you just have to hit him when he's down and keep taking down his focus so he won't use confinement/nightmare or other abilities. Since all my other slots were taken up, I had to use shock coma to restore my focus. Finally I beat him, but it took me quite a long time to figure out how. (A lot of those minutes were spent trying to find a way to easily kill him to get the unholy runeblade after 8 or 9 goes)

Posted Nov 29, '11 at 4:59pm

JoergL

JoergL

90 posts

You need to allow him a move every 3 moves. You can take the damage of a tick tock well, if you are stocked up on Free Will on overdrive.

Equip 3x Free Will (4/4), 2x Traumatize (2/2), 1 Dark Infusion, 1 Terrify (2/4 or higher). Now one slot is free: I like implosion to make his deep burning burn even deeper. If you happen to have insecurity or dark echoes, you can use those instead.

The first part of the fight is simple: You traumatize him once, then distribute free will / terrify to heal & shield for two moves. You can set Veradux to passive and leave Roald neutral, so he can use his shield, too. Be sure to counter tick tocks with free will, and dispell his echoed screams. You hit the Baron with your damage amplifier, when he burns himself.

When he changes his strategy later, counter his epiphanies and dispell his confinements (or shield them). Make sure you all are healthy enough to survive a nightmare attack - then use its healing buff to your advantage.

Actually, it's easier than this reads.

Posted Nov 30, '11 at 8:58pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,716 posts

Yeah now that I think about it...

Anyway I had respeced trying to do the full shock combo but I couldn't get shock coma all the way and I didn't want to respec so I just got traumize and haunt (which is terrible BTW)

Posted Dec 1, '11 at 4:38pm

JoergL

JoergL

90 posts

Yep, Haunt seems to be pointless. Did you see where it leads to in higher tiers, by chance?

Posted Dec 1, '11 at 7:05pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,716 posts

It takes away 6 focus instead of 3

Posted Dec 1, '11 at 8:37pm

JoergL

JoergL

90 posts

LOL, that's pathetic indeed. Doesn't even help much to kill Gregor the roach.

Posted Dec 2, '11 at 2:59pm

JoergL

JoergL

90 posts

Did anyone check what Electron Charge does? It's more than the description tells. The enemy gains a buff/debuff that lowers lightning defense by 10%, not just rises speed. Krinn should have written that in the desription. The buff/debuff does not stack.

Given that you get only so many points to spend, I guess you're still better off with the usual suspects, shock therapy - electric storm - charged blood.

Posted Dec 3, '11 at 8:59am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,716 posts

Wow somethings hacked with my sonny. I play the hydra about ten times and I never get the emerald death. Also, it takes me ten minutes to do every battle because of the fire claw's amazing shadow defense.

Posted Dec 3, '11 at 9:33am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,716 posts

How do you beat the blood hounds plus care taker battle?

Posted Dec 3, '11 at 11:58am

JoergL

JoergL

90 posts

The care taker like to buff and care for the upper dog. So, I like to stunlock this upper dog. Thus, the care taker wastes half of his moves, and you have to deal with the lower dog. Once you did, kill the care taker, then the remaining upper dog.

Reply to GUIDE: Psychological

You must be logged in to post a reply!