ForumsSupport ForumVs. forum

8 2097
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

there should be a forum for vs. topics like all the band vs. band, or comic vs. comic, etc. i think it would help.

• 8 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

They all belong to Popular Media or if not media related, in The Tavern

There isn't too much of them so there is no need to separate them.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

still i think it would help organize the forums because i find them everywhere

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

John.... *Tsk, tsk, tsk

He's talking about making a separate forum for Vs. threads. Plus, your post wasn't even completely accurate. I have never seen a Vs. thread in the Forum Games. Stop posting for the sake of posting...

In my personal opinion, I say no to this, because like Drace has already stated, there aren't that many of them anyway. Plus, I think it would be more organized if they just stayed in the place where they belong, instead of being in one Vs. Forum where they would all be jumbled up. If you had a Vs. Forum, there would be threads like:

"Mario or Luigi?"

"McCain or Obama?"

I really don't think two threads like that belong in the same forum. So, I say no to this.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Are you saying I posted this just to get some AP? And who said anything about the Forum Games? Maybe i had an idea and thought it might help Armorgames.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Crap i read that wrong. my bad. Sorry....i thought you were talking to me.

Muddle
Muddle
104 posts
Nomad

Plus, if he posted this for AP it makes no difference - he would of gone to a game and made a comment. And he is high AP anyway so why would he want it?

Although cowmaster, i dont think they were suggesting that

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

If there is going to be a Vs. Forum, it will have to be for 0 AP.

Unfortunately, these Vs. threads are mostly from video games, and that is why they were put there in the first place. If we put a separate forum specifically for Vs. threads, then it can and will be about anything. I'm going to assume that most of you have seen Vs. threads before right? Not very constructive, is it? Most are just "<insert name here> rocks" and such. Some are actually keen about spamming and decide to put reasons as to why they chose <insert name here>, but thats SOME. If it was most, I would second-guess my choice, but as you can see, just about every Vs. thread contains 3-7 word responses.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

if there will ever be a vs. forum section, many users will be tempted tO make new threads and even spammy ones

"Mario or Luigi?"

"McCain or Obama?"

users will just say
"mario's the best"

"mccain all the way"

making a spammy forum =P
Showing 1-8 of 8