ForumsSupport ForumAgree/Disagree button?

23 3427
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Well, I was looking at the Support and Suggestions, and I saw a lot of people saying 'Yes' to the suggestion for the site, and no big explanation why. Well, for these lazy people out there, I came up with the idea of a Agree/Disagree Button. This button would be optional to turn of in the Support and Suggestions forum when you make a thread, because this place is also a place for help. This button would show up to the right of the name of the topic when you are inside of it. You know, at the top of the page where it says [green] '(Name of topic' [/green] (No, I didn't expect the /green to work ;D)? This button would have 2 buttons on each side, one that says 'I like this idea.' and another that says 'I disagree with this idea.' Of course, this would be 0 AP. This would save people time without explaining why they like the idea. You could not rate your own thread, and those who can can only rate once.
So what do you guys think?

• 23 Replies
ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I would have pressed agree button to that comment. If there was this it would be like the vote up button on the game comments.

KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

I like that idea,but I was wondering for me and those others who prefer typing, could we still say why? I don't think everyone is that lazy especially me.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Forgot to add, there would be a notice right beside the Agree/Disagree button that said '(Number) Mod/Mods have agreed' and an identical one saying how many mods have disagreed.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I like that idea,but I was wondering for me and those others who prefer typing, could we still say why?

Of course, this is just optional.

Sorry for double post. <.<
KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

O.K tanks for telling me that because I was getting really worried there =], maybe you should check with a Mod now to get their permission or acceptance on this.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

[quoteAlso, people could be dishonest sometimes and just press agree/disagree when they don't.[/quote]

Well, why would they? It doesn't have any AP. Now, if spammers do that, now we're SURE they're all psychos.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Oh, and @ Kingcheetah:
I'm going to wait patiently for a mod. They know how to access the forums. ;P

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Doesn't everyone know how to access the forums? I mean, you're all reading this. :P

This reminds me a bit of the poll idea. I guess getting polls implemented could kind of work for this as well, if the admins don't think this particular idea is good.

I would definitely love to get rid of the 'I agree/disagree' spam...

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

People would press the disagree button on people they don't like. Also, I don't like this idea because eventually it wouldn't prove anything. People would probably abuse it so much that other users couldn't believe if it's honest enough or not. I disagree with this suggestion. Plus, some people are just getting too lazy to post forum posts. If we had that button, that would be the only thing they'd push.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

So, How will we implant that in suggestions only? Also, people could be dishonest sometimes and just press agree/disagree when they don't.

That is very true, a big con to alot of thins, there are many ignorant users that do anything to get on our nerves.

But generaly I like this idea because it will/would cut down spam in S&S, and maybe have the numbers stack up next to eachother on the list of topics wall so mods don't have to go through much trouble.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I think this would actually be good on all comments! I think that if users who are spamming see that their comments have bad ratings they might start writing better comments. And users who write good comments would be rewarded.

I think it could be in the form of a thumbs up and a thumbs down sign and it shows how many you have received of each... like Youtube.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

eventually it wouldn't prove anything

o-0
Also forgot to add that the most popular ones would be featured on the side of the screen. Totally optional. Does not need to be implented.
Actually, it would prove things. People would get to know how popular their threads are. Also, people that come on this site that don't have an account would be able to use it.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

What do you mean by featured on the side of the screen? I don't think that would be a good idea however.

And yes, I do think it would prove if you are spamming... people will have an adverse reaction, and vice versa. And I think only people with an account should only be able to use it. That (might) actually encourage a few users to join.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I love thee IDEA!!
I write many reviews on amazon , and the agree and disigree button is nice to have...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So basically this pretty much creates a poll for the thread, and if the disagrees are way over the agrees, people could just dismiss it.

But you would have to weigh pros and cons, don't you?

But yes, this feature could get messed by people who hate each other, friends, and spammers.

Showing 1-15 of 23