ForumsSupport ForumAgree/Disagree button?

23 3428
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Well, I was looking at the Support and Suggestions, and I saw a lot of people saying 'Yes' to the suggestion for the site, and no big explanation why. Well, for these lazy people out there, I came up with the idea of a Agree/Disagree Button. This button would be optional to turn of in the Support and Suggestions forum when you make a thread, because this place is also a place for help. This button would show up to the right of the name of the topic when you are inside of it. You know, at the top of the page where it says [green] '(Name of topic' [/green] (No, I didn't expect the /green to work ;D)? This button would have 2 buttons on each side, one that says 'I like this idea.' and another that says 'I disagree with this idea.' Of course, this would be 0 AP. This would save people time without explaining why they like the idea. You could not rate your own thread, and those who can can only rate once.
So what do you guys think?

• 23 Replies
thealchemist1
thealchemist1
61 posts
Nomad

Heh, I find it funny it's being posted in this section, don't know why though. I am in favour of this idea though, but firetail puts up a good point

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

yes instead of just spamming posts like "I agree".
Good idea but wouldn't people be able vote as much as they want?

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Agreed.This is a great idea it could stop some spam in the forums.Just a question, would it be hard to implement?

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

Maybe it could be put into a no AP section. A poll board or something like that i'm not sure but it could go like.
- Sup/Sug.
- Polls.
- Noobs.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

@Ledmonds
That has nothing to do with anything here. 0-o

I'm talking about a small button. You're talking about a whole new forum.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I would have pressed agree button to that comment

Nice phrase. Really says you agree with this thread. I never thought of this...

Like Zophia said (congrats on being crowned mod) one main source of spam would be wiped out of the forums. Anyone who uses that spam code would immediately be flagged.

People would press the disagree button on people they don't like

What happens if we didn't have a disagree button. People would most likely abuse that kind of tool. If we only had an agree button, people wouldn't be able to abuse it, as it could only do good.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I still think there should be a disagree button. That's pretty much letting the people who agree talk and telling the people who disagree to go die in a hole (dramatic metaphor... I know).

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I still think there should be a disagree button.

Well, what good what it do to have a Disagree button and no Agree button?
go die in a hole

Wow. More dramatic than Chuck Norris eating a sub.
*Look at his beard! It's full of mustard!*
Showing 16-23 of 23