Ice Piecing 81
Lightning Piecing 81
Poison Piecing 81

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 12:03am

Aplastante

Aplastante

83 posts

Shattering Beast

Debuffing enemy , stunning and silencing it , you become a deadly opponent to anyone and show the true shining of this class.

Pros : Stunning , Silencing , Debuffs , Healing and Shatter attack which can deal really a lot!

Cons : Quite low HP , no team buffs.

This was my first build and I disagree with the majority of this. I don't know what you were doing, but I never had problems with health while playing Hydraulic. The only thing I felt as a con was how your attacks don't do as much damage as other classes or builds with a single move.

Attribute Points

Always stack Instinct.Drop few points into Vitality sometimes , nothing else.If you want to be a good starter of combat than sure drop in some into speed also.
When you�re at level 30 , it should look like this :
Vitality 250
Strength * (it should be around 40-50 or so if you have some of it in the gear)
Instinct 540 - 550
Speed 120-150

I suppose this is just my opinion; your equipment should cover all of your other stats, leaving you you focus completely on Instinct, your most important stat. I ended up with:

Vitality 168
Strength 49
Instinct 613
Speed 92

I was playing on Heroic, only died on the Baron (because I was lost on how to fight him the first time), and rarely missed attacks even with a <100 speed.

Abilities

4/4 Frost
4/4 Hypothermia
1/4 Mind Freeze
3/4 Flash Freeze
1/4 Ice Wall (prerequisite)
4/4 Glacier
5/5 Crystal Ice
3/3 Restore
4/4 Cold Neurology
1/1 Guardian Form

A pure waste of space and ability points. Glacier does the same damage as Frost or Hypothermia and stacks on top of itself, unlike those two. This is a good alternative:

1/4 Mind Freeze
4/4 Flash Freeze * *
2/4 Ice Wall *
4/4 Glacier * * *
5/5 Crystal Ice
1/3 Restore
4/4 Cold Neurology
1/1 Guardian Form *
1/4 Reconstruct
1/4 Safeguard
1/4 Mirage
4/4 Stiff Upper Lip
4/4 Shatter *

The amount of stars indicate how many times it was equipped on my action bar. It's italicized if it's passive. Your most important move should be Glacier which does around 1.5k damage (3k critical) and Shatter with 5k damage (10k critical). Flash Freeze and almost every other debuffing attack will do the same amount of damage as Glacier.

Your character (if wearing the final boss's equipment + Wraith of Council) will end up with 6.6k hp and 60 focus (which you will never use). And if you're asking about why I added on Ice Wall, I wasn't sure what to tack onto my action bar since I had one open space. At level 3, since I already maxed my passive skills, I decided to give it one more point. Ice Wall was something I only used if someone was throwing a whole bunch of poison debuffs at me (since the damage will easily fall under 100 if this is on).

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 12:06am

Aplastante

Aplastante

83 posts

I suppose this is just my opinion; your equipment should cover all of your other stats, leaving you you focus completely on Instinct, your most important stat. I ended up with:

I meant allowing you to focus completely on Instinct.

At level 3, since I already maxed my passive skills, I decided to give it one more point. Ice Wall was something I only used if someone

I meant level 30.

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 6:14am

DaliuXas

DaliuXas

73 posts

Ok , after a good night sleep I am back.Firstly I will talk about Eddy01741.Did you ever thought that you concentrate on damage only?I see you haven't got Stiff Upper Lip , you have two skills which waste 8% of you're health every time you use them.While I waste my health by doing only Bloodshed every once in 12 turns.Let's take a look how would our combat go on.Me(M) : You(Y): M Avenger Form Y Avenger Form (2) <- this indicates turns , M Demolish (chance to get a 12% strength buff) Y Wreck (chance to get on me 80% DoT of you're STR) (3) , M Demolish Y Bloodshed or anything else (I can get double buff of Demolish means I get 24% more STR than you.) while you get yourself a direct damage increase or DoT on me. (4) I have CD on Demolish which second will be available in 2 turns , in the mean time I cast Decimate on you and you use Impair or something on me to lower my defense (I can remind Roald casts Impair too) (4)(5) we keep attacking each other , at the (6) we both lose our forms , you cast regulate and I cast Vapour Cannon on you , if my team mates both are on Relentless Veradux can any time cast Electro Bolt to remove you're Regulate , and Roald can do any debuff or stun in the mean time.You are left open lets say on 40% and I finnaly hit about 4k damage which takes out you're Hp and you're knocked down.You should clearly realize by now , you have two skills which waste HP , regulate which doesn't do any damage and no Stiff Upper Lip , which doesn't increase healing.If you played games like WoW you should know , survivability is in the second lead before damage.

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 7:06am

miguelin11

miguelin11

3,129 posts

finally! i'e been trying to find a guide for hydraulics, currently I think i'm a heal bot, I let my teammates attack while I heal,buff and debuff. but my build is a bit different from your guide =D

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 7:23am

DaliuXas

DaliuXas

73 posts

Yeah actually this build could be awesome if Krin would've implicated the healing for enemies.Sunversion + 7k heal on enemy is deadly combo.But then again Glacier will help to lower enemies damage , it's an awesome damage support.

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 7:42am

DaliuXas

DaliuXas

73 posts

@Aplastante
I said Quite Low HP at the Cons , I emphasize it right now.It means he has lower HP than Hot-Blooded , lower than Guardian...I could of said it has Low HP , but I gave a notice it's quite low.And about the Baron and you're Glacier.I killed Baron easily with those skills in Heroic difficulty (firstly I did that on challenging then used the same on heroic and killed him in first time) , don't you read?I told this is just one of the builds you can use to kill that guy.Glacier will lower damage , but what about Frost or Hypothermia?One causes to make that unit slow (for e.g. Veradux will get slowed by it in local PvP arena and will heal lastly , in the mean time I will easily beat you , until Veradux will cast it).One more thing about Restore.You are same as Eddy , no survivability.Sure it's easy to beat the hell out of mobs who are lvl 23 , but what will happen when Krin will update the game and level 30 mobs will appear?Let's say you are stuck at three guys who cast almost entirely debuffs , with a certain success rate of not being dispelled.Veradux will try to off heal stuff and clear them out , while I having Restore skill , will take off my one turn to remove 3 buffs if I am lucky and heal for 2-3k.Enough said.

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 7:49am

GoobOner

GoobOner

17 posts

DaliuXas u aare truely a god

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 9:24am

Eddy01741

Eddy01741

354 posts

LIke honestly, your whole post replying to mine was completely full of assumptions.

First of all, I only mentioned my build points in attacks and not passives (except lasting pain, since it's that important).

Secondly, why waste your using demolish, you have a CHANCE to get 12% more strength, with bloodshed you have a 100% chance to get 15% more DIRECT DAMAGE than you. DIrect damage is more important than strength, strength is a determinning factor in damage, direct damage is the damage itself.

And what's up with your speel about 8% health? DO you really care that much about 8% health? It barely matters when you have over 4k health and you have a healer you can put on phalanx mode.

Thirdly, using demolish first is really stupid instead of using decimate first. Decimate is easily the best hot blooded attacking skill availible simply because it has the most powerful DOT of the three (and lasting pain makes it all the more effective).

Fourthly, if you put veradux on relentless, you'd be stupid in a PvP fight, PvP isn't the same as story mode. ENemies in PvP (like me) will be hitting over 4k damage per turn, you want vera on phalanx every turn.

Fifthly, I don't play world of warcraft, I'm sorry for the fact that I can't spend 15 dollars per month to keep playing the same game that I bought for 50 dollars (and more for expansions). However, you can't relate two RPG games that are completely different to another. Some games will benefit from having higher health, others will benefit from doing more damage for grinding. Sometimes it comes down to the role played in game (tank, puller, damage dealer, etc.).

Over a span of twelve turns, I only have to buff myself once for focus, you have to buff yourself 3 times for it, you see the advantage yet? Then the fact that your first buff does no damage at all like mine (but does increase your direct damage by a weak 15%) and your next two are weaksauce compared to the other attacks you could be doing (1k vs. 4k damage).

ANd you talk about veradux dispelling me from using focus regen abilties, my regulate could dispell you from having two "thrill of destructions" and any other buffs you cast on yourself save for avenger form. But I won't, why? Because it's not worth taking that extra turn to debuff the opponent when you should attack them. Same goes for veradux, it isn't' worth the extra turn to use electrobolt when he should be frantically healing your teammate.

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 2:25pm

readke

readke

11 posts

I go with the Shattering Beast form. It is really effective. I can go through some battles without a single damage done to me or my friends! Baron Brixious is really hard. I got him down to 13000 but then Roald, Veradux, and I died. :(

Reply to GUIDE: Hydraulic

You must be logged in to post a reply!