Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Hydraulic

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 2:25pm

readke

readke

10 posts

I go with the Shattering Beast form.  It is really effective.  I can go through some battles without a single damage done to me or my friends!  Baron Brixious is really hard.  I got him down to 13000 but then Roald, Veradux, and I died. :(

Posted Dec 24, '08 at 6:25pm

Aplastante

Aplastante

83 posts

@Aplastante
I said Quite Low HP at the Cons , I emphasize it right now.It means he has lower HP than Hot-Blooded , lower than Guardian...I could of said it has Low HP , but I gave a notice it's quite low.

I equipped Sonny and Veradux exactly the same, and Sonny still came out with more HP.  His defense as a Cold Blooded is pretty impressive, especially if you use Ice Wall. 

And about the Baron and you're Glacier.I killed Baron easily with those skills in Heroic difficulty (firstly I did that on challenging then used the same on heroic and killed him in first time) , don't you read?I told this is just one of the builds you can use to kill that guy.Glacier will lower damage , but what about Frost or Hypothermia?One causes to make that unit slow (for e.g. Veradux will get slowed by it in local PvP arena and will heal lastly , in the mean time I will easily beat you , until Veradux will cast it).

I beat the Baron easily once I took all the points I used on Frost+ Hypothermia and put them on Shatter and Glacier.  I thought that using Frost, Hypo, then a Glacier was just too much to set up for a shatter.  This forces you to split your points up too, so the damage on each one of them is lower (level 15 is not the time when you want to be throwing your ability points away).  I maxed out Glacier and gave some points to Shatter by removing Frost and Hypothermai completely.  The increase in my damage was significant and allowed me to win the next time. 

One more thing about Restore.You are same as Eddy , no survivability.

I have stiff upper lip, Veradux on phalanx mode, and an Ice Wall if all else fails (which is rare).

Sure it's easy to beat the hell out of mobs who are lvl 23 , but what will happen when Krin will update the game and level 30 mobs will appear?Let's say you are stuck at three guys who cast almost entirely debuffs , with a certain success rate of not being dispelled.Veradux will try to off heal stuff and clear them out , while I having Restore skill , will take off my one turn to remove 3 buffs if I am lucky and heal for 2-3k.Enough said.

I beat the Mayor with Sonny being level 25 and my allies one or two levels behind.  Unlike you, I gave Sonny a huge HP boost and defense from stiff upper lip rather than investing in a similar move (frost+hypo).  And if they ever start debuffing me, I could either use Ice Wall or respec my points into Restore as well.

Posted Dec 25, '08 at 10:15am

DaliuXas

DaliuXas

70 posts

I get the idea Eddy.Lets have a logical mind and try to end this worthless conversation.Seriously it's like saying Pepsi is better than Coca Cola.Me and my fellow mate (who helped me with this guide , by testing fights in PvP arena) tried out both builds to compare.I fought with mine and he fought with yours.Conclusion?Our builds have almost the same DPT (same as DPS , but in turns , Damage per Turn).Those 8% of yours made my mate to lose , when I had 2k HP and 120 focus left (8.4k and 140 focus at the beginning) , won because you had 1.5k left and Veradux last heal was interrupted by Roald's stun.Lucky?Not really.Bad handle of the build?Nope.He was playing with Guardian and Destroyer in previous Sonny , and always knew what to do at melee , especially now he is extremely skilled with Hydro and Bio.We did 3 matches in a row , I only lost once , because I missed a hit with Vapour Cannon (-2k dmg) and Veradux didn't dispel you're Decimate.So to make a truce , I am telling you , those builds are almost same with different Focus gain and some skills.If you don't like my guide , just don't follow it.I can't see any people complaining about it , only you and some guy Aplastante , who clearly misunderstood when I wrote him a reply.

P.S. Merry Christmas.

Posted Dec 25, '08 at 3:50pm

Talo

Talo

942 posts

I use this for the healing build, It works a lot better when under content attack by something that normally can one shot you.

Healer Build:

(1 CAB) Regulate 3/3
(2 CAB) Reconstruct 4/4
(3 CAB) Safe Guard 4/4
(2 CAB) Dead Mans Plea 4/4
(Passive) Stiff Upper Lip 5/5
(Passive) Cold Neurology 4/4

Posted Dec 25, '08 at 9:14pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

I disagree with Shatter form. Hydraulic's NEED Flash Freeze and you can have it twice on your bar if you put ALL 4 points into it.

Also, most of the hydraulic's ailments can stack...meaning Hypothermia, which lasts 12 turns, might be a good idea to add twice on your bar as well (Though I don't)

Posted Dec 25, '08 at 9:32pm

Aplastante

Aplastante

83 posts

I disagree with Shatter form. Hydraulic's NEED Flash Freeze and you can have it twice on your bar if you put ALL 4 points into it.

Also, most of the hydraulic's ailments can stack...meaning Hypothermia, which lasts 12 turns, might be a good idea to add twice on your bar as well (Though I don't)

You can't stack Hypo.  I think the only cold hydro "attack" spell that stacks is Glacier.

Posted Dec 25, '08 at 9:35pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

Actually, it turns out I think Hypothermia is the only move that can't stack...but the others apparently can. I just checked to see, but I think my Flash Freeze point still stands.

Posted Dec 26, '08 at 11:09am

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

i have a file on every class, and have mastered them all.  my hydro guy has 19,000 health and can do up to 3000 damage with a fully charged demolish and have found the best gear combos for each class

Posted Dec 26, '08 at 2:43pm

Talo

Talo

942 posts

^^ Thanks for sharing....

Posted Dec 26, '08 at 4:02pm

Aplastante

Aplastante

83 posts

Actually, it turns out I think Hypothermia is the only move that can't stack...but the others apparently can. I just checked to see, but I think my Flash Freeze point still stands.

Frost can't stack either.

Reply to GUIDE: Hydraulic

You must be logged in to post a reply!