Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Hydraulic

Posted Jan 3, '09 at 11:31pm

Indurrago

Indurrago

8 posts

Thanks for the guide, although I don't follow any of the "builds" to the word I mix up them up to try to find my own balanced build. Mind freeze comes pretty handy when dealing with those annoying enemies that heal all the time just before you can kill.  This is still my favorite class although I haven't finished it with Bio yet.

Posted Jan 6, '09 at 8:47pm

yipster7777

yipster7777

4 posts

i was lik lvl 12 when i beat the baron on heroic

Posted Jan 6, '09 at 9:12pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

I was like level 21 because I like training. Training means I have more of each skill.

Posted Jan 9, '09 at 1:01am

L337

L337

310 posts

wow yipster7777 you liar

Posted Jan 11, '09 at 4:10pm

Manoasthir

Manoasthir

6 posts

This a very good Hydraulic In-Depth Guide!

Posted Jan 14, '09 at 7:16pm

Thawmus

Thawmus

2 posts

Um...few things...

Maybe I'm just stupid.  But I can't seem to figure out how the "Shattering Beast" build is viable at all.  I've made a lot of different biological, hydraulic, and psycho builds, and I haven't had an issue with any of them.....except the shatter build.  I just don't see how this is a build that's worth the aggravation.

I feel that if this is going to be a guide on how to make a shattering beast build, it needs to have some basic "what to do when you're not actually level 30" information.  I don't feel like training against stage 1 enemies until then.  Just what AM I talking about?

1. I don't feel like sitting there plinking away at stage 2 bosses for 150-200 damage at a time.  Maybe other people do, but if this is a class that does heavy damage, then I want to see some HEAVY DAMAGE.  Every class I've played thus far is doing 1000-2500 damage at this point in the game, and they have the health to take a couple of hits, as well.

2. All of my skills are way too expensive to use.  And what's more?  My passive skills actually detract from my overall focus.  So...lemme get this straight.  Not only is my build discluding "Regulate", which is the only real way for me to regain all that focus, but I'm supposed to kill people with 60 focus to begin with?  When all my skills cost 15 focus each?  .....I'm not getting something here.

Frankly, that's way too frustrating.  I'm sure it's a great build at level 30....somehow.....but right now, I do not have the patience to fight against prison guards 1000 times.  I think this guide needs to include some leveling tips, and some basic combat strategies.  Because I'm using Hypothermia, then Frost, then Glacier/whatever else I have.  Then Shatter, which is doing a big 400 damage.....to enemies that have 5000 HP.....

Posted Jan 14, '09 at 7:25pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

Thawmus, when you max out a cold hydraulic's points, it cost NOTHING...The passive ability that takes away from focus is a good thing.

Mind Freeze - Level 4 cost nothing

Shatter - Level 4 cost nothing

Flash Freeze - Level 4 cost nothing

When the enemy can't attack you, it doesn't matter how much damage you are dealing anyway.

Posted Jan 14, '09 at 7:29pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

Also, you can max out flash freeze by level 5, and it will cost nothing, also you can equip it twice on your action bar when it's level 4

Maxed out Mind Freeze and Flash Freeze is probably the easiest (Though takes the longest) way to defeat the Baron since he won't be able to use Tick Tock (Not to mention a Hydraulic's Focus taking abilities suck). With the passive ability, even though he can attack you with his normal attack, it will deal almost no damage.

Posted Jan 14, '09 at 7:30pm

Thawmus

Thawmus

2 posts

Okay, that information needed to be in the guide, much less the ability tree in-game.  Because looking at the abilities tree, it sure doesn't say anything about it for the upgrades.

It still doesn't address what to do when you DON'T have your skills all maxed out.  Y'know, like, when you're leveling.  But I guess I'll just have to figure that out on my own.

My only other qualm then is...how do you do damage with this build?  I have all of these skills you're talking about, but they don't stop the enemy near long enough for me to secure a victory.

Posted Jan 14, '09 at 7:42pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

Enemies with special abilities such as the Baron are basically disabled if you set them up with moves such as: Flash Freeze, than Guardian form, than Mind Freeze, than ANY move (Such as Hypothermia) for 2 turns, than Flash Freeze again, than any move again...continue the pattern. And if you stack enough debuffs on him, using shatter when he has holy scars will deal some great damage.

For other enemies, I just disable them with mind freeze and flash freeze and take them down while they can't do anything to prevent it. It's not a heavy damaging class, it's a class to prevent you from taking any damage while slowly taking them out. It damages enough with the skills at level 4

Reply to GUIDE: Hydraulic

You must be logged in to post a reply!