ForumsGamesA challenge to all players,

12 2927
steven66s
steven66s
192 posts
Nomad

You know the baron? well i have a challenge for you guys. I've beaten the baron WITHOUT destroying his focus, just pure damage. I want you guys to try and beat him without destroying his focus as well.

NOTE: I beat the baron in a TRAINING battle, so i was level 30 when i faced him

• 12 Replies
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

...I've already done this... Not that hard when your level 30...

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Um, really not that hard at all, even in heroic difficulty, especially if you level 30. If your playing on easy or challenging, you dont' eve need to use focus removing abilities, you jsut need decent tactics to stay alive. In Heroic, you need to get good defensive attacks and such. I beat the baron level 18without using regulate on my hot hydro (that I respecced to cold just for the baron fight since hot had no defensive abilities). It really wasn't that hard, ice wall teammates when they get tick tocked, then flash freeze the baron as much as possible, attack relentlessly (pun intended) when he has holy scars on.

It' snot exactly a huge accomplishment.

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

I've done that. In a training fight. While level 16. Not that hard. (but I do have 188 strength).

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

The first time I beat the Baron, I didn't drain 1 bit of his focus at all. I was a Cold Hydraulic and kept a pattern of Flash Freezing and Mind Freezing him.

Aplastante
Aplastante
77 posts
Nomad

Yeah. There is no real point in draining his focus if you keep your team healthy. He will drain it himself, so just blast him with stuns to stall for heals and let loose your best moves when holy scars show up. I beat him the first time as a cold hydraulic mainly using ice wall, flash freeze, and glacier.

The first time I beat the Baron, I didn't drain 1 bit of his focus at all. I was a Cold Hydraulic and kept a pattern of Flash Freezing and Mind Freezing him.

Wouldn't it take forever since the loss of his focus is the factor that weakens him most? I only used Flash Freeze if the team needed some serious healing.
PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

It didn't take that long. And as long as I'm killing him and barely getting hit by anything he's got...what's it matter? Easier than dealing with Tick Tock.

Aplastante
Aplastante
77 posts
Nomad

I didn't think Tick Tock was that bad once I equipped Ice Wall.

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Well, my Hydraulic will never know anyway because Baron couldn't do anything but struggle.

ULAMSS5
ULAMSS5
2 posts
Nomad

well. so far, i've never managed to destroy ANY of the enemies' focus AT ALL. not prison guards, not mayor. yet i still beat the game afew times. i give don't give sh*ts about focus

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Yep, bragging about never draining focus is such a great way to promote how good you are at this game, not.

Honestly, first off, you never need to drain the enemy focus, especially not the mayor or prison guards.

The only thing destroying focus does is make it easier for yourself, if you want to make it hard for yourself, sure do that.

That said, I beat the baron just using cold hydro spells, why? Since regulate was such a slow ass draining ability I decided I might as well jsut defend my team while he drains his own focus using attacks.

nicktg
nicktg
21 posts
Nomad

I agree that it`s not a big deal. I had neglected getting disrupt thinking I could always re-spec if I needed it. When I came across the baron I though I`d give it a try without it just for kicks and to my surprise I could beat him on first try. Roald`s adrenaline and Veradux's heal combo were enough to overcome tick tock.

Antoun
Antoun
13 posts
Peasant

This would be hard on Heroic I bet. I played my first game on easy to see the entire game, so I beat the Baron with a lvl 16 character.

Showing 1-12 of 12