ForumsSupport ForumUnified AG Acheivement API

7 2238
Sparkky
Sparkky
14 posts
Nomad

Just wondering if this is in the works, or if you guys are even planning on it yet.

I think one of the big things that would improve this site, given all the exclusives Armor Games gets would be for you guys to create a unified acheivement system for flash games to use that would link up with the Armor Games account. This would allow for a much more powerful save feature for games to implement, Another reason for people to go with your site (so they can implement AG acheivements) as well as the abilitie for games to link between eachother such as sequelse or expanded content for games already released.

• 7 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Don't be surprised when this topic gets mobbed by "that's copying kongregate!"

I like the idea, but then... yea.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

What??

Please be a bit more detailed.One word posts are considered spam. Tell us why you don't understand.

Though, personally, when I read that post, I didn't understand it at all until I read other people's post. You want to make something like the Kongregate badges and scoreboard? That would be great, but as suggested here before, people would keep coming to the moderators saying that we're copying from Kongregate, and we don't want people to hate Armorgames, do we?
Ragingmelon
Ragingmelon
69 posts
Nomad

To me that would seem a bit desperate of AG to have a system similar to kongregate.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

^ Not really... It is only an achievement system.

I do like the idea of achievements for games, I think that would get more people active playing the games. I guess it would take visitors away from the forum but after all AG is a gaming site.

Sparkky
Sparkky
14 posts
Nomad

and Kongregate copied Windows, which copied Steam which copied.... etc

Its pretty much a standard now, and I think its something they should probably consider, as it inherently encourages retention.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

One of the more recent achievement threads.

The reason why it was locked

and there you go. Hooray for the good type of backseat modding.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

You know, I think it would be cool if we made something almost exactly lie it, but different in a unified way?

Maybe you earn armor every level in a game?

Showing 1-7 of 7