ForumsGamesSonny crashing constantly

42 19487
bigsword33
bigsword33
2 posts
Nomad

Sorry i'm not putting this in the glitch forum, but this is really more than a glitch in my opinion.

Sonny is constantly crashing the internet browser, and this only happens during fights. This is extremely annoying and i wish this was fixed, because this is happening to a few of my friends as well. Anyone have any idea how to fix the crash? I've already updated my flash player and everything, but nothing seems to work.
Thanks.

• 42 Replies
mesamec
mesamec
8 posts
Nomad

Which browser are you on? Try Google Chrome, it should work.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

hmm... i'm using FireFox and it doesn't seem to crash.

bigsword33
bigsword33
2 posts
Nomad

I used for IE and firefox and it crashed on both. I'll try out safari and then chrome i guess.

iPC
iPC
146 posts
Nomad

I have the same problem! It happens when you click on one of the spell moves, right?
Let's see... Do you have a Vista?
Do you have a Wacom pad?

Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Strange... I'm not sure if there is much I can do about this.

Sonny is a very CPU heavy file, and so it has more of a chance to crash your browser more than any other Flash game.

But I don't think the game itself is the sole reason of the crash. I'll look into it though. I've never had it crash on me so it's hard for me to track this.

Krin

ferrik
ferrik
4 posts
Nomad

i would suggest looking at how much available memory you have left on your computer, if it is lower than the file size of Sonny 2, then that is a problem, also, check to see if you have any viruses, or if you are getting popups, those are also an issue. mainly, make sure your computer can even handle it, i suggest looking at the system requirements for a game made in the mid 1990's, if your computer can handle that, it should handle sonny

long story short, I am almost positive it has nothing to do with the game itself, but with the fact your system can't handle it or there are other thing happening that are affecting your browser

iPC
iPC
146 posts
Nomad

I scanned my computer for viruses with 3 different virus-checkers (Norton, Windows Protector, Symantec), I have the system requirements to run 1701 A.D., I'm not getting popups, I have 225 GB free on my C: drive, etc.

It could be with my internet, but it would've crashed at a time other than right when I clicked on a button if it were only that. And it wouldn't have been running at ~25 fps. Sonny 2 is the only game that I've had problems with, and there are probably more CPU-intensive things than Sonny 2 that I've played. 'Tis a mystery still.

feeshy
feeshy
1 posts
Peasant

It's not a hardware issue. At least not in my case. I've tried multiple browsers and they all crash. Chrome says the shockwave plugin is crashing each time if that helps.

Darkamcha
Darkamcha
3 posts
Jester

Same problem ! Too bad it is such a good game !

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Let's see... Do you have a Vista?

This is what I immediately thought of as well. When I try to open certain pages on my home computer, its fine. But then I try on a computer with Vista, and it will crash the same pages consistently over and over again. So it might not be an issue with your browser, the game, or the site, as much as it might be an issue with the operating system.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I'm using Windows Vista, Firefox. I've never had a game crash on me before. Why, does Vista increase the chance of this happening? Is it because of security matters?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I'm using Windows Vista, Firefox. I've never had a game crash on me before. Why, does Vista increase the chance of this happening? Is it because of security matters?

Vista works in mysterious ways, lol. And I am not sure. But it could be due to just some small incompatibility on one page with the browser, which is promptly crashed by Vista. I don't think it is a security issue though. Just vista being LAME!
RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

I havent had any trouble.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think it is just a problem with you're computer, try running a quick scan with the "run" window. I highly doubt it is browser related, otherwise a lot more people would be having this problem. If running small scans does not work, back up you're system and do a system recovery.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I'll be glad when Windows 7 or whatever it's called comes out. Windows Vista sucks.

Showing 1-15 of 42