ForumsGamesChallenge: SOLO play throughout the entire game

8 2643
Madeiner
Madeiner
2 posts
Nomad

Hey there

I recently beat the game on Challenging mode as a Bio, and i am now trying to beat the game using ONLY Sonny as my fighter (except for the first battle of course)

I am currently working on the Hydra, which seems to be very difficult with its 4-turns stuns every other round.

If you want to play this challenge, here are the rules i used:

1) No allies ever, for any reason, except first fight of course.

2) No overleveling: In you can do some training battle; when you can equip the highest level shop-items, that's where you should stop training. (but it is also possible to train less)

3) No easy mode

Some tips:

1) Beat the game with all the chars first -- or you will not succede.

2) I suggest challenging mode; you need to THINK every move carefully when you are solo.

3) Pick a class-set of abilities that allows you to do PASSIVE things. You can't heal or damage at the same time, so use Overtime abilities. I picked a Bio, which has a lot HealoverTtime abilities.

4) Learn what each enemy does; if you lose, adjust your skills and retry, or respec if you need to. Since you'll be selling all the gear you would have given to your other characters, you'll have a lot of money.

5) Sometimes pure luck is needed, but most of the times good skill selection is crucial. Gregor for me was a luck based one, since you have to use Subversion in advance, when you "think" he's going to heal.

6) It is possible to beat every fight at least until up to the Hydra as a Bio. I'm currently lv 20 fighting it, but i'm having trouble.

7) If you are bio - Passive Acidic blood + infect like triples your damage every turn. Crystallize is a must, Infect is the most damaging ability, use Withdrawal before Tox form expires for a full-bar heal.

If you need any help, just ask
If you can beat the game, kudos to you

• 8 Replies
steven66s
steven66s
192 posts
Nomad

Done

Madeiner
Madeiner
2 posts
Nomad

:P I'm still on the Hydra :P I suppose it's much easier for a class that can stop it from casting (hydro has one move, and i think psycho too, that stop focus abilities).

Which class did you use?

Hydraulic
Hydraulic
223 posts
Nomad

Nice idea! I have yet to beat it with all chars yet...but it will happen.

~~FEAR THE SQUIGGLY~~

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

You accually use your other characters normally? I thought they all sucked so I ignore them. My game runs faster without them anyways.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Dude how can you make sure that the player Solo's through the entire game? I mean they can't keep posting screenshots since that is barely enough proof you would have to be near him in real life if you were to do this and to make sure nobody would be lying so Challenges in Sonny 2 are probably mostly and rather useless to us gamers

Flamemachedi
Flamemachedi
60 posts
Nomad

It's easy to lie about that.Look at this.Complete lie.

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp75/flamemachedi/th_start.jpg

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp75/flamemachedi/th_lie-1.jpg

Flamemachedi
Flamemachedi
60 posts
Nomad

Argh I'm terrible at size.

Gileneas
Gileneas
39 posts
Nomad

thats what she said? maybe? lol