ForumsSupport ForumMore detailed explainations on ______ vs. ______ topics

12 2284
jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

I have noticed that many people just write one word comments in _____ Vs. _______ topics. For example: in clubpenguin vs runescape, people just wrote: runescape or clubpenguin without an explaination. There should be a one sentence minimum in your explaination to stop people from spamming to get extra points.

• 12 Replies
jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

I would like if people gave suggestions to this. Maybe when your typing, there could be a letter count type of thing. And you would have to type atleast so many words or letters.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

I agree, there's actually a vs. thread rules but no one seems to care .

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

wrong link
how embarassing
this one

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

ok thanks for that link miguelin11.. I just wanted to make it clear about that rule because I see people doing that all the time. Maybe there could be a letter count type of thing.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

yeah, I think these kind of threads shouldn't be allowed people(including me =/)spam on it. not only vs. threads but also there spammy threads like favorite band, favorite game, what song your listening to right now and so on which people
write one word and post it.

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

I think we need more moderator reinforment for this. Moderators never seem to be around when people write one word responses so i think they should be scanning the topics more frequently

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

I think mods know these kind of topics but the users posting doesn't seem to care that it leads spam

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I think Jalex13 that is because they have to moderate the whole forum so it is hard for them to catch everyone.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well I can give them a link to a couple of spammy threads htat has over a 1,00 post already! but I think they know those threads already

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

But you can never completely cut it out can you? And no matter what there will be some spam.

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

yes, there will always be someone spamming... i play armorgames just for fun, others play for points and spam everything.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Right... there is all spam... it is almost impossible to stop it all.

That is also what the little red flag in the right corner of each post is for... if it is spam, click on the flag. Simple, yet it alerts moderators to the spam.

Showing 1-12 of 12