ForumsSupport ForumArmor Game's- Best Flash Internet Games of 2008.

24 4532
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

i dont know if anybody has been thinking about this or put this earlier but it would be nice to organize an anual vote for best games of the year made on the internet. We can have multiple catagories, like shooting, rpg, sports, action/adventure, best music, etc. finally we can have best game of 2008. It would be good moderators and administrators accept this cuz then we can put it in the front page. then WE the armorgamers can vote for games not only made on armor games but made by other sites. of coarse, admins and moderators need to choose the nomines for each one. At the end of the poll, maybe we can have a flash video showing this. i'll try to help if im able to. this would be the first one cuz the site just started about one year ago! I thought that it would just be nice to have something to honor the game creators this year.hope u guys agree. Mods or admins just tell me if ur going to do it or if ur not k. and if anybody has anything to add, just say it. Thanx.

• 24 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well I know how a poll works, we just don't have a system built into Armor Games to actually run it. It would need to be built by the developer, or we would need to use a polling site and run it through that.

KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

That's true, and my guess is that none of us are experienced website developers, so unless some of us know someone who can pull this off then it's not going to heppen. Though someone probably does, anyone?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

so unless some of us know someone who can pull this off then it's not going to heppen. Though someone probably does, anyone?

I am sure there are polling sites that this could be run through. I am just not aware of any.
KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

Do you know anyone who does? It would really help if you did.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Mine uses Bloc, but that's another different site theme entirely. It would be much better if we can just install one here. I mean, it's an entire free website creator, if we did use one, we would have to use a website SPECIFICALLY for polling.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I know there are sites that specifically do it, I just don't know what a good one would be. A lot of them charge you for it, or only allow you to do a certain amount of information before charging you for the rest. Another issue to get around would be actually getting it in the forums. If it is some sort of application, the BB Code isn't going to transfer it over correctly.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I think Yuku.com is a free website creator, and it provides polling. The only problem with using other websites aside from AG is that we possibly might need to have everyone else registered. If not registered and have it public, then there's the chance that we might have "stragglers" that aren't from AG to come vote. The best that could happen would be for an actual polling system here.

Axel
Axel
475 posts
Nomad

Does Freewebs have a polling system?

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Does Freewebs have a polling system?

Last time I checked Freewebs did have a polling system. I believe it calculates the average and number of people who have voted as well. I don't know how you could make that compatible with AG's site though.
Showing 16-24 of 24