ForumsGamesItem Name Colors , what do they mean ?

9 3367
otaru
otaru
6 posts
Nomad

I have found items with at least three different color names like yellow , dark blue , silver , I thought that all the stats that the items had were shown on the tooltips and that the text below was just "story" , but later on the game I found a "Dark staff" or something like that that had a yellow name and had awesome stats for that time...

When I equipped it on the healer / mage / dispeller , he started to heal me with shadow damage instead of heal , so I discovered that there was a hidden feature on that yellow item.

Also it appears that there is some item with a tooltip like : "must be good against dogs" or something like that , so maybe it has a hidden feature that delivers extra damage do dogs or something?

So I am having some questions :

What does the colors on the item names mean?

Does every yellow and maybe dark blue item have hidden stats?

Is it the same on Sonny 1 and Sonny 2 or they are different? and in what way?

Is there a way to know what are these "hidden features" without testing them on every skill / character / enemy on the game? ;[.

thanks anyway ;/.

• 9 Replies
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

hmmm... I never knew this.... though I do have a darkstaff so maybe i'll try it.

otaru
otaru
6 posts
Nomad

I am on another computer , so I don't have the save...

It was a "darkstaff" or something like that , I was fighting the enemy called the "host" or something like that ;/.

The item tooltip has something like shandar or shandrar I don't remember well ;[.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

on the game I found a "Dark staff" or something like that that had a yellow name and had awesome stats for that time...

When I equipped it on the healer / mage / dispeller , he started to heal me with shadow damage instead of heal , so I discovered that there was a hidden feature on that yellow item.

I have shandor's darkstaff I gave it to the healer but no shadow damage
otaru
otaru
6 posts
Nomad

It might be possible that the enemy used a heal => damage buff on me , but he didn't use the 3 times I fought him before and after these three battle I fight on autobattle ( killed myself and let roald / veradux ) kill him while I was afk and they won 2 times without any problems , after I got the staff and equipped it on the healer I died very fast everytime I fought him and when I checked what was happening I was taking shadow damage from veradux heals.

the strange thing is that my two other characters were affected at the same time , I didn't try to look the buffs that were on them ( or I don't remember if there was any )

otaru
otaru
6 posts
Nomad

Hmm , I am very confused by this , because the way it happened and the name of the item ^^.

So it appears that the is no hidden effect on that item right?

So what does the colors on the items mean?
Rarity?
Because at the start of the game there is an yellow item on the shop called :

Dirty 31 ( Leggings )
it gives +6 speed and costs 164 euros
awesome vintage jeans , these actually fit

then on the same shop there is another leggings but with another name :

toxic plates ( leggings )
+2 vit / +4 str
no extra tooltip
cost 22 euros.

Both are level 3 just the price , color name and extra tooltip is different.
I don't understand why the difference in price but almost no different on stats ( +6 stats on both )

The

otaru
otaru
6 posts
Nomad

update : tested it myself , the enemy wasn't "the host"...

it was the deceiver...

He uses a debuff with a scorpion tail on you and the heals become shadow damage.

Also another thing that happened on the same battle was :
he used the Scorpion Tail on veradux , but instead of doing damage , it healed him , hmm , but it did damage on me , I am going to need more tests to understand this.

So it appears that it wasn't the item as you two said ^^.
Still I am curious about the meaning of the colors on the items , is it just rarity?

At least there are no hidden features on items , I was very upset when I equipped the staff and I was doing damage with the heals ^^ , gladly it was the enemy that did it and not the item ^^.

sorry for the trouble and the "useless" topic , I was very confused ;[.

Now I can play the game without anything upsetting me ^^.

thx again...

otaru
otaru
6 posts
Nomad

So it appears that it wasn't the item as you two said ^^.

sorry for the bad english , I meant , you guys are right , it wasn't the item ;/.
Seraph1013
Seraph1013
17 posts
Nomad

I am no expert on the matter but I have played both sonny 1 and 2 to it's full extent and what I think is that the color is nothing but rarity. The stats that come with a golden item are usually better than any other found in the area. (Note that better items can be found in the next area)

To answer otaru's doubt on the dirty 31, the +6 on speed is extremely good for a starting item when used for a speed bio. Adding the complete amount of stats doesn't help pn how useful it really is. Later in the game you find items with +20 on 4 stats bit in my opinion it's pretty lame since it by that far in game you want mostly one stat and you can find other items with +80 on 1 stat.

Hope this helped

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Dark blue color means that item is rare while gold means super rare while silver means normal

Showing 1-9 of 9