ForumsGamesAttributes - What do they do?

20 24440
Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

I can't find any information on these. Some are obvious, like Vitality is your HP, but what do the others do? I'm guessing speed has something to do with who goes first, your hit rate, and your dodge, but I don't really know. Does anyone know the formulas for these and what each Attribute does exactly?

Thanks

• 20 Replies
cormac111
cormac111
5 posts
Nomad

According to the game manual in Sonny 2:

Strength and Instinct are just co-efficients for your abilities. Spedd is also a co-efficient but only to a few abilities. Speed also increases critical strike chance and dodge/accuracy. Vitality increases your health. Piercing increases critical strike chance, and Defense decreases damage taken.

Hope that helps

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

what does focus do?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Focus is used for abilities, and most of the abilities require at least 5 focus to use. The more focus you have, the more you get to use the abilities.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

i think i saw one power that scales ur current focus, does that mean the more focus u have the stronger?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Nope, focus simply allows you to use those powerful moves that requires lots of focus more.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

What the hell does Instinct do? Can't figure it out. =p

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Instinct is kind of like magic.

Lot's of psychological attacks do damage to a percent of your instinct. So more instinct, more damage for some attacks. Same for strength.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Instinct Increases the amount of Damage of Magic attacks Psychological depends on lots of instinct while Biological also depend on some Instinct

Strength increases the damage of melee attacks done by biological and so does speed also Biological depend on Speed and Strength while Hydraulic depends on Strength and Instinct

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I found the power, it is decimate (in the heat hydro power tree) the move costs NO focus but in the description it says "this attack scales with your current remaining focus"

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I think it means that the attack's power depends on how much focus you have left.

ferrik
ferrik
4 posts
Nomad

firetail is right, it requires no focus, but the more focus you have, the harder you will hit for

Aplastante
Aplastante
77 posts
Nomad

Instinct determines how hard certain abilities hit. It's an important attribute for electro Psychos as well as cold Hydros. I think shadow Psycho relies on the attribute too, but I find their build extremely weak as compared to electro and mostly ignored it.

If you're Biological, you will have nearly no use of Instinct. You should put your points instead in vitality, STR, or speed.

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

Oh shoot I feel really stupid. I never thought that an item with +Focus on it would be what it is... man I should have figured it out.

nikolaou
nikolaou
2 posts
Nomad

so will a attribute only help a attack if it specifically says something like "does 170% of strength?

nikolaou
nikolaou
2 posts
Nomad

also what should i give my varadux and roald? item wise.

i use them to attack then when someone gets low i use varadux or both to heal them for abit then back to healing.

Showing 1-15 of 20