ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCreative Writing

8 2620
readke
readke
10 posts
Nomad

Post your original writing here. Writing can be poems, short stories, and fairy tales!

• 8 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Um, readke, pretty much this whole section is for sharing your writing.

readke
readke
10 posts
Nomad

There once was a pricess named Putt,
She tripped in a very deep rut,
She broke her knee,
And scratched her flee,
Then ate her hairy mutt!

[i]This is an example of a limerick.
The first,second, and fifth lines rhyme with each other.
Lines three and four are a rhyming couplet.

readke
readke
10 posts
Nomad

Yo firetail madness! Guess what? EAT MY BLUBBER! OH, that's creative writing! And by the way what is creative about what you wrote?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*devilish smile*

Masquerade - Dream
He opened his eyes slowly, feeling like he had only slept for seconds. The smooth sensation of the thin fabric under his fingers was enough to make him stay in the soft bed for a minute, but not more. There was work to, whether he liked it or not. He rose slowly, feeling like in a dream, the pains from reality disappearing for now. He felt alive, more alive than he had done for a long time. Somehow this was like a new adventure, and not another challenge for him. A slight smile on his lips when he walked out the door and down the corridors, nodding at the guards. When passing a mirror he paused, studying his new slim frame, looking like himself and still being ever so different. The short fur covering his face and the upper side of his hands and hind paws, and slowly growing longer up his arms and legs. The darker brown mask of fur across his face. The polecat form had been a good choice for him, the Lady had done well. The gray suit covering his body looked a little dull, but that was the way he liked it. People tend to ignore what does not seem interesting.
He felt at his face, finding the thin line between the mask and himself. It was invisible to him, almost impossible to find. If someone didn't know it was there, they wouldn't see it. But all here knew. He walked on, hurrying a little, as he heard the music stopped and the princess began to talk. He entered the ballroom a moment later, watching the confused contestants being dragged to the dancefloor by a few of the dancers, and observed the dance begin. He sighed, being worried, tired and excited at the same time. But he would have to wait for the next dance, if he was to enjoy it.
He recognised the light brown wolf and the bat eared fox, as they sat by a table, seemingly not interested in dancing at the moment. "Alliances, huh?" He smiled sadly, knowing the challenge and the result of it. He shook his head. Sadly he could do nothing but observe the disaster.
The music ended, and he walked into the open, becoming a part of the - party. He bowed, asking a elegant looking vixen if she would like to dance. She seemed to examine him, but accepted, though it was done with pity than a real wish to dance. He nodded, leading her to the dancefloor along with the other pairs having found each other. The tones filled the room, sounding crystal clear and light. If music had a colour, this would be silver at the water in the winter. The dancers glided over the floor, moving with ease. This music could fill everyone with joy and sadness at the same time, at least it filled him, making him feel - light. He was not bad at dancing, nor had he ever thought himself as a dancer, but as the tones almost deafened him, blinding him even... He felt alive. And then it ended, like music does. He thanked the vixen for the dance, bowing, and she smiled warmly at him, thanking him as well.
After this, it seemed at there was nothing but dancing. Every female nearby wanted to dance with him, either out of curiosity or lack of a partner, as many males were going for a drink or two, or a manly talk about women. After the fifth dance, this time with a small deerlike female, ever so quick and light, her steps dancing even without music, he decided to take a little break, making his way to the tables. He shook a little, the joy of dancing and, well, living, making him almost ecstatic. He took a sip from the wine he had brought with him to the table, relaxing a little. He looked around, observing the contestants various tries at getting the small keys from their partners or other victims. If they just knew...
"Having a good time, m'lord?" The princess sat by his side at the table, a glass of vine in her clowen hands. He nodded. "Yes, very. And you, Princess?" He looked at her, seeing her worries behind her smile. "They all seem to enjoy. And some of the contestants seem rather charming." Another smile. "Just sad that it have to end..." She looked distant, her beautiful eyes seeing nothing for a moment. "End like this." He finished, taking her hand. "I wish I could have shown them a way around all this, but..." "The Lady..." She whispered, her bright eyes filled with disgust and sadness. "Yes." He answered, caressing her hand a little with his thumb. "At least you will pass on, along with.." He looked at the dancing crowd. "... Maybe half of them? Even more?" The princess nodded, following his gaze. "More than I could ever have hoped for." She turned her head, looking at him with those gentle eyes her species were known for. "Thank you." He turned his head, surprised. "Princess? I... I don't understand..." He studdered. "I can't do anything for your people, and you thank me?" She closed her eyes for a moment, maybe looking for the right words. "You were never a part of this, but I know what you did. Because of you we can pass on. Most of us..." She looked at him, smiling a sad smile. "Thus I thank you, m'lord." He rose, taking her hand and kissed it lightly. "I am just sad I couldn't do more, Princess." He let her hand go, bowed. "I have yet things to do." He turned away. "Promise me, you will dance the last dance with me, m'lord." She called after him, when he left the table. He looked back at her for a second, accepting the conditions of the promise.
He walked past the dancers, watching out for the contestants. The ones he saw did well with the collection of keys, stealing or getting other to steal for them. How they did, he couldn't imagine, but those beings would probably not have been worth the afterlife either, probably being the ones causing the banishment in the first place. They all knew the result of their actions, some having too gentle a heart to let the contestants go without a key, probably not aware of the essence of this prison, and some being disillusional with fear of what may happen when the ball ended.
The next long time he observed, drank and danced a little, and observed some more, and as the orchestra announced the last melody, he found the princess and asked her to dance with him.
She smiled, and followed him out between the dancers. This last song was filled with sorrow and relief, worries and happiness. The contestants moved closer to the exit, probably ready to run out to their loved ones, or to the freedom of solitude. He ignored them and their destinies for now, the destinies of the people here so much closer to his heart. As the song drew to an end, him and the princess moved away from each other, but in his hand he felt the form of a key. He bowed, silently thanking her, wishing her good luck in the afterlife. She moved up the stairs, thanking the guest for their participation, hoping they all had a good time, and to see them again soon. She announced the end of the masquerade, and as she did, he saw the contestants exit the building, leaving the dancers to their fate. He saluted with the people, as the princess raised her glass, wishing them all luck on the journey. That was about the time when the first keyless dancers began to wail out in pain and despair. He sighed, and exited the dreamlike reality.

Mixed World Tournament:: Coming soon:: The alt. rounds
/Advertising
Creative enough?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

VERY, thank you =)

I would love it even more though if it was broken into paragraphs, though... I couldn't tell when it was going off into another subject. Otherwise, very good story, kept me entertained. =P

Story I found in page 7, one of my first stories I made:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a young agent named Ashley Davis who receives many, many contracts for eliminating criminals of all kinds of different levels, from thieves and bank robbers, to mass murderers that are trained killers. Her reputation of 5 years soon escalated, and mission control soon gave her one of her hardest missions ever.

She was to investigate this mansion that housed three vampire relatives that go on frequent hunts. The government was more confined to these vampire traditions, but since the recent discoveries of human bodies idling the streets of London, Ashley Davis was the one to stop it. The three criminals' names were: Madrid Harsik, Dylan Flowers, and Elaine Redrion. They have left her a map, so there she went, out all by herself, into that mansion; her reward: 10 million pounds.

The door opened with a creak, and already she did not like the sound of her new mission. The floors winced at the pressure of her foot pressing on it and the webbings from spiders decorated the walls. There were many large portraits of many seemingly important people in fancy garments that were probably from the nobility. Deceased family members? Who knew.

"Ahh, Tressed, welcome to our humble villa!" Came a voice from the corner. A man with a purple robe with fine gold decorations that dotted the outsides greeted her with a bow.

"Tressed? My name's not Tressed, its---"

"Ahh, but your name in THIS HOUSE is Tressed, my dear. My master's family takes much value in his guests' nicknames. Mine is Nalyd Srewolf.

"I have no intention of your name or my assumed name, I must see your master this instant!" I loaded my pistol.

"But this personal matter can wait, Dressed. For now, we must celebrate your coming."

"Celebration? From me? Why? You people don't even know me."

"But everyone knows YOU, Miss Tressed, you, the famous bounty hunter, that accepts any and all kinds of criminal missions. YOU my lady, are the sole person that keeps this town safe, you know. Its not the constables, its YOU." He checks his pocket watch, then barely nods. "However, it is time for you and I to dine. Have fun, relax, be at peace, make yourself at home. We have a grand feast especially for your coming."

"But I--"

"Come on, I insist. Lay your weapon down, we have no need of such violence here. Here, let me open the door for you; smell the scent, and you'll DEFINITELY think twice..."

He opens the door, and a splendid smell creeps out the crevices. He leads me into the opening, where a grand hall with fine, glamorous, beautiful kitchen ware is spread around a giant, long silver table, where the maximum number of participants in a meal were 20. A marvelous gold chandelier glimmers with every slight swaying move with an assortment of colors from the crystals' spectrum. A crackling fireplace, the size of a large caravan's bonfire is burning, enough to keep the room cozy and warm. Mister Srewolf was right, I couldn't accept his offer... I tried, but my belly was growling. A young turkey and roasted hog were put out on the table, almost imploring me to enter. A giant cornucopia was set out as well, bearing over 12 different fruits of generous quantities.

"Well Tressed?" Asked Srewolf. "Will you join us?"

"I...guess I can put off my mission for a while longer..."

We entered, and immediately, 5 different people greeted us.

"Greetings Tressed, I'm Dirdam Kisrah, and the rest are Iniale Noider, Mit Reywas, and Bob Ihcioy. You've already met Nalyd Srewolf...." Mister Srewolf bows, feeling praised.

"We like to welcome you to this feast. Eat to your heart's content, then be on your merry way. We like to celebrate for you, and you only, for you are the bounty hunter that keeps evil at bay."

"Why all the names?" I sat down on an embroidered rocking chair.

"It's simple. I like to give others nicknames for a party, I do it all the time. It's pretty easy to figure out how, if you'd like to figure out my secrets. These aren't really our names, these are party names, that I PERSONALLY give out to all my guests.

"Well, I'd love to stay and all, but... I must hunt down these criminals, they are vampires and must be stopped. See, their names are---"

"...Such matters can wait. For now, we must make sure that the famed bounty hunter receives proper compensation for her life-threatening efforts to our poor town. Surely, you can put off one measly assignment for one night?"

"Well, I suppose so...my contractors said that this was a most important task. But I can wait! Let's eat!"

I couldn't control myself.

I took out my knife and stabbed at anything I could eat, the turkey, the hog, the green bean casserole, then my spoon with the mashed potatoes, I grabbed a hand full of grapes from the cornucopia, I just completely gorged myself! It was delicious food! I was in Heaven with this house. I wanted to stay so bad, I really didn't want to finish this mission..just stay for as long as possible.

"Yes, let's. Stuffed human is the best food on the list, wouldn't you say, ladies and gentleman?"

The group of people quickly raised their seats, but I was one step ahead of them.

"SO! YOU guys are the vampires! I shouldn't have shirked in my duty, for I got a little too carried away. Thanks for the food and all, but now I must gain my REAL compensation!"

My pistol loaded once again, I aimed swiftly at Madrid, who just laughed.

"But Dressed, the party just begun! And you are getting more carried away as usual, for you have just lost your footing!"

Immediately, I looked down at my feet, where a tied rope was dangling above my ankles. My "trusted" butler Dylan pulled the rope, grasping my shins and suspending me above the diner table, using the gold chandelier.

"HAHAHAHAA! Time to dine, ladies and gentleman!!"

Maybe it was Panic at work here, but I instantly figured out the naming process. Their names were spelled backwards! As the guillotine from the gold chandelier snapped and fell down my neck, I realized what my name really meant...

readke
readke
10 posts
Nomad

Very good stories ShintetsuWA and Cenere. Very enjoyable. Shrouded in mystery, makes me want more of your stories. Bravo! To both of you.

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

i have a story i would like to post, but it is slightly innopropriate and might affend a large group of people

readke
readke
10 posts
Nomad

Talent

Everyone always says beuty comes from within, right? But what if that were true? In a slightly more logical sense. Imagine, you have the power to shape-shift into anything. All you have to do is feel whatever your going to turn into inside of your heart. Got that imagined? If so now you can picture my life. The horrible life of Mina Lamov. You think it be great, being able to turn into whatever you feel. It's not. Trust me. My ability has gotten me many enemies. Not your average playground bullies but real enemies. Ones with the powers stronger than mine. They can freeze me, confuse me, cause me excruciating pain, and worse of all figure out where I live.

But that's now, let me take you back to the beginning. October 17, 1993 to be exact. If you want to be even more specific, the date of my birth. My mom said there was something different at my birth. a strange chill in the air, a wild anticipation. Somehow it gave me my abilities.

More on the Story of Mina Lamov will be posted soon, stay tuned if you liked it.

Showing 1-8 of 8