ForumsGameshow to beat blood hounds/ guard

2 2436
JFISH1996
JFISH1996
6 posts
Nomad

i am a level 20 bio and can't seem to beat the stage where you first see the blood hound. it is with the nigh guard thing. what should my strategy be and what should my ability list be

• 2 Replies
FluorescentBacon
FluorescentBacon
1 posts
Nomad

As an offensively specced psychological, I had an awfully hard time with the blood hounds. They aren't that durable and their healing is minimal, but the damage they do is off the scales until you kill one. I found that buying the big shields from the previous zone for all my characters did the trick; it cut my damage-dealing capabilities a lot, but the +190-ish physical defense brought the hounds' damage down to a reasonable level, and the fire defense made the soldier guy's damage a non-issue. If you deck out everyone with the shields, put Veradux in phalanx mode, and cast lots of defensive spells, you should be able to negate most of the hounds' damage until you kill one, at which point the fight becomes a cakewalk (I lost my other ally while killing the first hound but still handled the other and its master without a problem).

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

If your a Strength,Speed Bio and the Hound uses the attack that gives you the buff "Rabies" it would probably be a total cakewalk! because it increases your Strength by 30% while decreasing your Instinct by 30% which a bio doesn't nearly care about

Showing 1-2 of 2