ForumsGamescompare Sonny2 +sonny

11 5239
thegamesman
thegamesman
324 posts
Nomad

what is better?why is it better? your fave weps armour teamates just discuss the generel both games

• 11 Replies
xMakusx
xMakusx
34 posts
Nomad

Q:What is better?
A:I'd have to say everything is better, the storyline, the weapons, the new abilities. I would just like it even more if there was a public PvP. Where people from a city or a state can connect to a room and fight there character against others (of course with the same lvl).

Q:Why is it better?
A:The reason it is better is because the game has a story that goes from Sonny 1 -> Sonny 2. And that what makes a game great, if the story keeps going, and doesn't change so drastically I'd say.

Q:Favorite weapons, armor, teammates ?
A: Ha, well I don't know these weapons and armor by heart, but for my Biological class, I chose the weapons and armor with Strength, Vitality, and Physical Piercing mostly. I had some with Speed. I usually have out Veradux to heal, and Roald out for damage. Felicity does nice damage to but I couldn't find any armor to replace that ones she has. Felicity does too quickly whenever I face off some enemies, I sometimes even have to keep here in Phalanx Mode. But she still attacks and dies after 4 rounds or so. Hehe...

And the General about both of the games. I just like this new Sonny game, and it is very fun and challenging to play. I wouldn't mind playing something like this almost everyday. And if it went into an MMORPG, then that'd be even better. (So far it's an ORPG :P)

bjarni70
bjarni70
54 posts
Nomad

evrything is better in sonny 2 you get 5 new areas(which i like(-.-)and they're better wepons in sonny2 i would say that sonny1 and sonny2 are the greatest games ever=)

Sheograth
Sheograth
5 posts
Nomad

I love how in Sonny 2 each enemy has a specific set of armor and weapons to drop which makes more choices for equipment compared to Sonny 1.

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

I think sonny 2 is better since u know wats happening were and when it is in sonny its a lot more diffuclt to follow and it more of a challenge in sonny 2 then sonny so my vote would be sonny 2 a lot more understanible and a lot more challenging also its just straight out fun and i like sonny 2 wepons better a lot cooler in my opinion but i dont like the opening as mch as the first one i think it just plain werid a girl on a motoercycle threw a dagger and runs off that just a little stange and the guy didnt die now thats werider than sonny and hes plennty of werid in my opinion

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Sonny 2 is way much more better than Sonny! All of Sonny 2's factors are way much more better than Sonny, Sonny the game with no actual storyline in future zones

KippyK
KippyK
31 posts
Peasant

I miss the Armor sets in the final stage from Sonny 1. Those kits were slick. I remember kitting up a Gunslinger with full armor (the yellow-glowing ZPCI looking stuff) with the most powerful rifle... he looked so BA

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

The game's a heck of a lot more structured around the story compared to the first Sonny. Of course, Sonny gave us the backdrop and Sonny 2 really just fills in any plotholes (e.g. what's on the tape). This time around, 2 new characters (Roald and Felicity) -- no more brand new characters that seemingly pop out like the first one.

The three classes (Biological, Hydraulical, and Psychological) were pretty neat, so you could branch off into 3 different areas, then subareas (e.g. Psychological -- go down the Magic tree or the Electrical tree, or both). The classes are pretty simple too -- so you don't have to worry about being a gunslinger... assassin..etc.

The new armor and weaponary is a no brainer -- tons to choose from and tons to mix and match with. So, you could go from being a big tough guy (e.g. putting money on Strength) or be a well balanced Sonny.

Overall, the game is still fun and it's obvious Sonny 2 is the one to play

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

sonny 2 is a lot better than sonny with its different kinds of classes and un=like sonny eaxh class has different skills and stats,

RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

Better graphics, and faster gameplay.

supersmiley
supersmiley
844 posts
Nomad

better graphics, better gameplay, better items, and way more money earned after battles. its better than sonny by far!!!

GuardianAzure
GuardianAzure
6 posts
Nomad

Wasn't too enthused at first, as I really loved my Assassin from the first Sonny, but once I progressed far enough into my speed bio build, the improved gameplay really shined through.

Really appreciated: expanded armor/weap sets, individual talent trees becoming class-specific, expanded control of AI-teammates, AI also seemed smarter this time around (no more vera-jerk popping his focus regen instead of healing you when you're low on health, etc), more zones available. All in all, some really impressive expansions and additions. Really thought the gameplay was much more complex in Sonny 2

Rather marginal: Story-line. Granted, the first Sonny pretty much had NO story, and Sonny 2 was an improvement, but there was still very little character development/history explanation. Louis, Sonny being on the boat/being a zombie, the important tape being useless, how Felicity knew about Louis and the tape, the Baron's survival, what exactly ZCPI is, etc, all unexplained. Again, the story was much better this time around than last, but there's still plenty of room for improvement, in my opinion.

Side note: Graphics really haven't changed/can still cause slowdown, even on low settings. Attack, motions, and effects were pretty much the same as the first game, with a few exceptions. More stores or bigger store inventories would be a plus. Finally, I also found the cost of respec was really prohibitive in the beginning, but by end-game, I was sitting on 20K at lvl 25, with respec cost of about 800. In other words, early-game experimentation seemed discouraged, while by the defeat of the mayor, the cost was laughable.

Again, great game, awesome improvements, and looking forward to the expanded zones!

Showing 1-11 of 11